iphone 5 OR Samsung Galaxy S3?

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 lruggier

lruggier

Neowinian

• 111 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 20:41

I might be getting a smart phone soon and I am SUPER indecisive and cant decide which phone I want! I really thought i wanted the S3 but that was only because iphones didnt have 4G, but now that they do I am not sure what I want! Which phone is better? I really like them both but the S3 is kind of big and im not that nerdy so i dont know if i would use ALL of the stuff it can do. Also, it cant send emojis or if it does i think its a special keyboard that can that is weird. Also, im a really big fan of accessories that come with phones and i dont think that the S3 has many :( But i did find out that both the S3 and iphone 5 have clutch cases so i could put the phone there and have my money and ID attached to it. So, i just dont know what to do! Which one is better???? What should I do?

ALSO-- I LIKE THAT THE IPHONE HAS THAT LIFE PROOF CASE WHERE IF YOURE PHONE IS IN THE CASE IT CAN GET WET AND WONT GET DAMAGED

#2 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• 13,963 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 20:42

try them out both ?

#3 OP lruggier

lruggier

Neowinian

• 111 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 20:43

try them out both ?

cant do that, haha. gotta pick one so its a big decision

#4 Lunfai

Lunfai

Neowinian

• 317 posts
  • Phone: iOS 8

Posted 21 November 2012 - 20:47

Go into a store and play around the phones on their model stands. Look through the app stores and compare, have a play and see which one you seem to like better.

#5 OP lruggier

lruggier

Neowinian

• 111 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 20:49

Go into a store and play around the phones on their model stands. Look through the app stores and compare, have a play and see which one you seem to like better.

i have! I really like both, so thats why i need help deciding and i just want to make sure i pick the BEST phone

#6 AJerman

AJerman

Boomer Sooner!

• 5,512 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 21 November 2012 - 20:51

Aside from the fact that Android does support emoji, if emoji support decides what phone you want, you probably want an iPhone.

#7 fusi0n

fusi0n

The Crazy One

• 3,573 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 21 November 2012 - 20:51

S3

#8 The_Observer

The_Observer

Apples, Bananas, Rhinoceros!

• 3,857 posts
  • Phone: iPhone5s

Posted 21 November 2012 - 21:00

i have a S3 but moving to iPhone, why cause of work. The S3 sucks for active sync email address, im not happy with it so im getting the iPhone 5.

#9 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• 8,035 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 21:05

They are pretty much the same performance wise, so it's probably a matter of what OS you like better. Android is a lot more customizable obviously, but iOS has better quality apps (in my opinion). Depends what you care more about.

Though the 5 has a much better screen than the S3, so if you want slightly better quality, go with the 5.

#10 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• 13,963 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 21:16

As an iphone owner, I say to thee:

RUN FROM ITUNES... ( On windows anyways).

#11 spikey_richie

spikey_richie

XXXIII

• 2,590 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z1

Posted 21 November 2012 - 21:19

Has to be the S3, I have an S2 and it's fab, so the S3 must be the muts nuts..

#12 metallithrax

metallithrax

I saw you earlier, with the hairy stick....

• 8,519 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia U (android 4.0.4)

Posted 21 November 2012 - 21:28

OK, either i'm too drunk to be replying, or the OP is taking the **** - and the responders are looking at the avatar and not the actual post.

I might be getting a smart phone soon and I am SUPER indecisive and cant decide which phone I want! I really thought i wanted the S3 but that was only because iphones didnt have 4G, but now that they do I am not sure what I want! Which phone is better? I really like them both but the S3 is kind of big and im not that nerdy so(1) i dont know if i would use ALL of the stuff it can do. Also, it cant send emojis or if it does i think its a special keyboard that can that is weird. Also, im a really big fan of accessories that come with phones and i dont think that the S3 has many (2)But i did find out that both the S3 and iphone 5 have clutch cases so i could put the phone there and have my money and ID attached to it. So, i just dont know what to do! Which one is better???? What should I do?

1 - Surely the iPhone can do the same as the S3
2 - Someone wants to have their phone, money & ID all in one place?

And someone will choose the phone based on the accessories that you can get for it? Really?

#13 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 21:35

They are pretty much the same performance wise, so it's probably a matter of what OS you like better. Android is a lot more customizable obviously, but iOS has better quality apps (in my opinion). Depends what you care more about.

Though the 5 has a much better screen than the S3, so if you want slightly better quality, go with the 5.

I still don't see how you can say the Iphone 5 has a much better screen, when everything else says the contrary....

http://news.cnet.com...does-iphone-5s/

#14 Luis Mazza

Luis Mazza

Neowinian

• 1,733 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 21:45

Get a Galaxy Note 2, which is the S3 on steroids and with a pen :)
It's huge, lovely, fast, beautiful, full of features and very easy to use.

But... Well.. Girls love the iPhone, so... :rolleyes:

#15 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• 5,886 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 21:47

S3