Photo

New Build - Warranty?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Soldiers33

Soldiers33

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:55

So after 6 years since my last build Ive built a new system and just wondering do I have to register all my products for warranty? Ive tried going through the sites but they do not offer any registration of the products or anything. I know for example my power supply has 2 years warranty but how would I prove I bought it new and so on.

#2 Wakers

Wakers

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:35

You don't have to register to get warranty.

How do you prove you bought it new? Your receipt from wherever you bought it.

#3 abandonedaccount

abandonedaccount

Neowinian

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:37

Some components you will have to register them, usually within the first month of ownership to get the warranty. I know BenQ monitors in North America have that requirement at the very least.

Each component comes with a warranty card and you should read them to verify. You can also check RMA/warranty policies on the manufacturers website.

#4 Wakers

Wakers

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 November 2012 - 13:58

Some components you will have to register them, usually within the first month of ownership to get the warranty. I know BenQ monitors in North America have that requirement at the very least.

Each component comes with a warranty card and you should read them to verify. You can also check RMA/warranty policies on the manufacturers website.

That can't be true? Retail laws in the US must be severely underpowered if so.

Not that it matters, OP is from UK.