'Young Sherlock Holmes' remake in the works

2ZPS9.jpg

Young Sherlock Holmes is to be remade by Paramount Pictures.

Wanted 2 writer Evan Spiliotopoulos is in talks with the studio to pen a screenplay for the project, The Wrap reports.

Released in 1985, the original Young Sherlock Holmes followed teenage versions of Sherlock Holmes and John Watson, who meet while at boarding school together and stumble upon a series of murders.

Barry Levinson directed the movie, with Steven Spielberg and Frank Marshall serving as executive producers. Chris Columbus, who has a writing credit on the original film, will act as a producer on the remake.

Meanwhile, Jude Law recently confirmed that a script is in development for a third entry in Warner Bros' Robert Downey Jr-fronted Sherlock Holmes movie series.

The Young Sherlock Holmes remake is yet to hire a cast and director.

Source

I remember seeing this in the theatre! I also remember rumours swirling around that there was going to be a sequel, but it never happened.

This was the second time that Sherlock was shown as a teenager, but the first time on the big screen.

I remember seeing this in the theatre! I also remember rumours swirling around that there was going to be a sequel, but it never happened.

This was the second time that Sherlock was shown as a teenager, but the first time on the big screen.

yeah one of my favourites to watch around the holiday season

wow never seen that, have to look out for the dvd of that (Y)

I am not to sure you'll like it, it's very slow, and everything is done on an extremely bright set, except the few times they shoot outside.

Also, here it is on DVD:

Amazon Canada, not that many for sale:

http://www.amazon.ca...e/dp/B00008J2I9

Amazon US, a lot for sale:

http://www.amazon.com/Young-Sherlock-Mystery-Manor-House/dp/B00008J2I9

It has a better rating over here :rofl:

That may be, but believe me, a funeral procession goes faster than this miniseries!