• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#31 OP dharmil007

dharmil007

Neowinian

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:51

Download memtest86
http://www.memtest86.com/

Burn to CD and boot from it. Run the memory diagnostic and let us know if you get any RAM errors.

So we can rule out corruption problems. Id RAM is faulty, anything you download is going to end up corrupted.

Next logical step is to perform full surface scan of your primary hard disk and check for bad sectors.

i Will try that tool out,
But if there is any fault with The RAM, then how would win 7, ubuntu, xp & vista work ??

Here are my HDD Test results :
Posted Image

#32 OP dharmil007

dharmil007

Neowinian

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:02

Have you gone to Acers site and downloaded their windows 8 "preparation" tool to run first. it can in fact do the whole install if you have the iso/install files, or you can just run it and at the end when it gets to the actual install go out of it, run the MS installer, and after Win8 installs run the acer tool again, to install all drivers.

their tool will prepare your computer for win8, including running Bios updates if necessary, which it did on my V3

are u talking about ACER UPGRADE ASSISTANT ???
i'Ve already tried it & its not working

coz i coudnt find any Windows "preparation tool" on acer site.
Can u pls give me a link ??

#33 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:42

yeah, the acer upgrade assistant . did it upgrade your bios ?

anyway, call Acer support.

#34 OP dharmil007

dharmil007

Neowinian

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:46

yeah, the acer upgrade assistant . did it upgrade your bios ?

anyway, call Acer support.

naa, it dint update my BIOS, i have latest BIOS available

iT just updated my AHCI Driver

ACER Support is pathetic

#35 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:38

I haven't had any problems with Acer support, not at work when it's faster for me to handle service cases with them directly instead through our own service desk. or when I sent in my new V3 for dead usb ports, unusually for a support the guy figured out I knew what I was talking about right away and just fixed a return right away.

#36 jesseinsf

jesseinsf

Neowinian

Posted 23 November 2012 - 13:05

Try what everyone else is saying first. My 2 hunches are: 1st. if nothing else works then there may be a piece of hardware that Windows 8 needs that your PC doesn't have. 2nd. It may be an OEM BIOS thing which means that you may have to call the PC manufacturer of your PC or MB maker and see if they have a specific BIOS that will allow you to install Windows 8. Some OEMs want you to buy through them and some OEMs do this to force you to buy another computer in hopes you buy from them again. I have a friend that has the same problem and never pursued and just kept Windows 7. Lastly, I would if you have an OEM partition; then Id keep that partition for a safety net.

#37 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

Posted 23 November 2012 - 13:14

What part of "its probably your memory" is hard to understand. How many times are people going to have to mention it before you download memtest86

#38 Kamran Mackey

Kamran Mackey

Apple Fanatic

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 23 November 2012 - 14:23

Well I have an Acer Aspire 5333. Windows 8 installs just fine so I don't know why it isn't installing for you. Maybe one part that's inside your computer is missing that Windows 8 requires. So looks like you're gonna have to find the part that Windows 8 needs.

#39 TheGreek

TheGreek

Neowinian

Posted 23 November 2012 - 16:00

mine is acer 5552 no problem installing and using it. Hope you will figure it out.

#40 OP dharmil007

dharmil007

Neowinian

Posted 23 November 2012 - 16:24

I haven't had any problems with Acer support, not at work when it's faster for me to handle service cases with them directly instead through our own service desk. or when I sent in my new V3 for dead usb ports, unusually for a support the guy figured out I knew what I was talking about right away and just fixed a return right away.

buddy u Are staying in Norway.
m in India.
Indian ACER support is just pathetic, worst then u can even imagine. :angry: :angry:

The time customer waits on thier customer care no. is more then half hour.
Even after that the agents dont know the solution, they just keep you waiting.
Service center locations on their site are all false & have closed ages ago.
When i finally found 1 Service Center, they told me to pay even when the laptop was in warranty.

What part of "its probably your memory" is hard to understand. How many times are people going to have to mention it before you download memtest86

buddy i downloaded it & ran
i ran normal as well as extended tests for 6-7 passes.
& it dint found any error

#41 hooko22

hooko22

Neowinian

Posted 23 November 2012 - 16:39

I had this same problem but it worked after I updated my bios.

#42 Kamran Mackey

Kamran Mackey

Apple Fanatic

Posted 23 November 2012 - 22:32

His BIOS is at the latest version. He has no need to update it. I need to update mine though, I'm at 1.09 and I need to upgrade it to 1.10 and then I'll be at the latest version. I do know one thing, Acer's Download servers suck. On every single download I would get a 5mb's per second but with Acer's Download Servers, It's only downloading at 40-50 kb's a second.

#43 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 23 November 2012 - 22:39

Look at the Acer site for the model in question, there's several Bios' versions out there. so he might have the "latest" and not the "right" one, especially since the are different ones for windows 8, including UEFI bios'.

#44 Kamran Mackey

Kamran Mackey

Apple Fanatic

Posted 23 November 2012 - 22:40

Look at the Acer site for the model in question, there's several Bios' versions out there. so he might have the "latest" and not the "right" one, especially since the are different ones for windows 8, including UEFI bios'.

Well I think the latest BIOS, 1.10 is a UEFI based bios.

#45 +Tech Greek

Tech Greek

Neowinian

Posted 23 November 2012 - 22:48

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Usually a hardware issue or a driver issue in my experience (or boot sector virus).

His BIOS is at the latest version. He has no need to update it. I need to update mine though, I'm at 1.09 and I need to upgrade it to 1.10 and then I'll be at the latest version. I do know one thing, Acer's Download servers suck. On every single download I would get a 5mb's per second but with Acer's Download Servers, It's only downloading at 40-50 kb's a second.

I've found using their other FTP servers in other countries actually download faster than the normal US server. It used to be the same way with Realtek when downloading HD Audio Codecs.