18 posts in this topic

Posted

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e9/Bendo-Diaz_FOX_5.jpg[/img]

The card still isn't finalized, will be posted as soon as the UFC confirms it. A couple of fights have been changed around due to injuries within this card and in other cards.

Here is the preview:
[media]http://youtu.be/pGW0cCTGzb4[/media]

Posted

So BJ Penn didn't stay retired for very long?

Posted

this is not sport its just thuggery and brawling.

Posted

[quote name='xSuRgEx' timestamp='1353847504' post='595348062']
this is not sport its just thuggery and brawling.
[/quote]

And your posts contributes what...?

Posted

[quote name='Bun-Bun' timestamp='1353618639' post='595342970']
[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e9/Bendo-Diaz_FOX_5.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

This card looks amazing (Y)

Posted

Card is almost final, only one or two fights awaiting confirmation due to injury and subsequent last minute replacements.

Preliminary Card (Facebook)
Tim Means vs Abel Trujillo
Scott Jorgensen vs John Albert
Daron Cruickshank vs Henry Martinez

Preliminary Card (FX)
Yves Edwards vs John Cholish
Ramsey Nijem vs Joe Proctor
Brendan Schaub vs Lavar Johnson

Main Card
Mike Swick vs Matt Brown
B.J. Penn vs Rory MacDonald
Maur

Posted

[quote name='trag3dy' timestamp='1353845077' post='595348026']
So BJ Penn didn't stay retired for very long?
[/quote]
B.J. Penn has retired 3 times already. It's never a matter of IF but WHEN he's going to come back. But I think Rory MacDonald has his number. His fight against Condit was something special and that was over a year ago. Think about how much he's improved while B.J. has been smoking up and trying to keep his weight under control.

Posted

UFC site isn't showing the correct bout order so I'm piecing this together from the announcements. It should be in the correct order. Full card bellow:

Preliminary Card (FX)
Yves Edwards vs Jeremy Stephens
Dennis Siver vs Nam Phan
Raphael Assun

Posted

[b] [url="http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/11/29/3709114/ufc-on-fox-5-lavar-johnson-out-schaub-mma-news"]Updated: Lavar Johnson out of UFC on Fox 5 bout with injury, Schaub off card as well[/url][/b]

[b][size=5]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO![/size][/b]

Posted

New "final" bout order due to Lavar's injury. Pat Barry should've stepped up to fight Schaub.

Dennis Siver vs Nam Phan

Preliminary Card (FX)
Raphael Assun

Posted

Five posts in a row without a response. I think it's time to accept that nobody really cares about UFC.

Posted

[quote name='theyarecomingforyou' timestamp='1354396142' post='595362324']
Five posts in a row without a response. I think it's time to accept that nobody really cares about UFC.
[/quote]
Yeah, because Neowin is known as THE place to discuss the world of MMA and sports in general.

Posted

[quote name='theyarecomingforyou' timestamp='1354396142' post='595362324']
[/quote]

What on earth is the point of your post? Several other people have posted in this thread so obviously others do in fact care about it. The question is that if you don't why did you bother posting in this thread?

I think it's time to accept that you don't speak for everyone.

Posted

Diaz struggled to make weight but weighed in at 155 on his 3rd attempt. Henry Martinez declined to continue cutting and forfeited 20% of his purse. Final card (in correct order) for tonight. Jorgensen vs Albert got the short end of the stick and is the only fight to remain on Facebook. The two other fights were shifted around to make up for last minute injuries. If it's a short fight with a finish, it will probably be broadcast on FX.

Preliminary Card (FX)
Dennis Siver vs Nam Phan
Marcus LeVesseur vs Abel Trujillo
Raphael Assun

Posted

Here's to Ben Henderson smashing Nate Diazs face in. (Y)

Posted

Well Rory just schooled BJ in MMA, wonder if he'll retire again after this fight

AND he called out Condit too!!

Posted

[quote name='z0phi3l' timestamp='1355018678' post='595378296']
Well Rory just schooled BJ in MMA, wonder if he'll retire again after this fight

AND he called out Condit too!!
[/quote]
He's his only loss but he's on a downward path while Rory is climbing quickly. Maybe they'll put him against Hendricks or Diaz?

Haven't seen the prelims yet, but the main card was amazing.

Mike Swick vs Matt Brown - [b]Matt Brown is on a 4 fight win streak. I'll say that again, Matt Brown is on a 4 fight win streak! A guy who was 12-11 just a few months ago has built a solid streak at WW. Swick didn't do anything wrong, Brown was just too much, attacking on the feet and on the ground with fury. His next fight should be a step up in competition to test his mettle. Here's an idea, how about Thiago Alves? Or even that lame duck, Yoshihiro Akiyama? He's not championship material but I'm curious to see how far up the ladder can he climb.[/b]
B.J. Penn vs Rory MacDonald - [b]Rory just destroyed Penn, toying with him for 3 rounds. He could've easily gotten the finish on the 2nd and 3rd but decided to take his foot off the gas because it was not worth the risk. The 2nd round was devastating, he could have finished Penn right then and there with body shots. Penn did his usual thing at WW and wilted completely, looking extremely tired and sticking to his standard attack. Like I said above, B.J. probably retires yet again or stays on as a name opponent for up and comers. Maybe have him fight Matt Brown, I don't know. As for Rory, Diaz, Hendricks, Condit (maybe) or a side move like Kampmann or Ellenberger. He has claimed he won't fight GSP but... if he beats any of those guys, what else is there but a title shot? Will he be constantly beating contenders into the ground until GSP retires or goes to MW to fight Silva?[/b]
Maur

Posted

I love UFC, I just don't have much to talk about it. I like reading you guys talking about it and finding out your opinions