PFSense Problems

I just got a PFSense setup and having some issues.. My main issue right now is, I am able to forward ports to LAN IPs and can access them externally using my external IP address..

For an example,

For example, lets just say my IP address is 68.201.201.201

SubSonic Running on Port 90

I can SubSonic using 68.201.201.201:90 but I can't use my domain name that I have forwarded.. I use DynDNS and this was working before the change out in the routers.

I can't not access my internal network from external using domainname.net:90 before I could.. I checked my DynDNS updated and it is updating to my right IP address and I am able to ping it..

Any help would be great..

Well did you turn on nat reflection? If you say it works with IP, then it should be working with domain. But I would check that.

On the bottom of advanced firewall/nat you will see the nat reflection stuff.

What I don't understand is why would anyone want to do this? The box is local, just access it via the private IP - if you want to resolve domainname.net then have pfsense resolve that for you to your private IP. This is just a host override setting and takes 2 seconds to setup.

He's trying to access a box/service on his network for outside, not from inside. With a dyndns set up to his Internet ip, and supposedly port 90 routed to the correct ip on his LAN. I'm guessing the problem here is the routing/forwarding of port 90

If he can access it externally using IP, but NOT name - then his dynamic dns is NOT using the correct IP or its not resolving from where he is trying to access it.

I read it that as he could access it externally, but not not from a inside box using his outside name, but IP worked.

What is the is your FQDN your trying to resolve - PM me if you want and I will tell you want it resolves too.

Thank you for your help.. Turning on nat reflection fixed that issue.. However can you explain this part a little better?

if you want to resolve domainname.net then have pfsense resolve that for you to your private IP. This is just a host override setting and takes 2 seconds to setup.

This would be a great help!

Thanks!!

yeah here

in your dns forwarder you can have pfsense resolve any FQDN you want to any IP you want

post-14624-0-78083200-1353805225.png

post-14624-0-78211500-1353805122.png

So have domainname.net resolve to whatever you private IP is for all the computers using your pfsense as dns.

Oh ok. Thanks bud! This worked! You are always a huge help!!

Also, I couldn't help to notice you have a Popcorn hour.. How well do those work? I like my Boxee but, after the huge firmware update a few months ago its been pretty slow..

Dude I love my popcorn!! Its an older A110 model - but the thing rocks, only been a handful of files over the years that it didn't play. And those were just badly coded. Grabbed a different copy or just recoded myself and worked perfect on the popcorn. Used pretty much every single day.

I use to have a 650GB disk in it, and played around with apps on it, etc But when it came down too it - didn't really use the apps, and just easier to pull files off of one location vs having local disk and server where media files were. So when I got my N40L I just took that disk out of the popcorn and added it to my drive pool.

Not sure about the newer models - but very happy with my A110, Just looked up the old invoice and shipping notice, it shipped back on 2/20/09 - its been on 24/7/365 since then so going on 4 years..

Not sure how much longer its got? But if my Pi ever gets here, I am looking to try and set that up as my replacement device.