xendrome, on 25 November 2012 - 20:19, said:
1: Updated to latest video drivers? What video card/make/model?
2: Sounds like a DNS issue or NIC driver issue, it's likely NOT an IE bug. Latest NIC drivers and router firmware?
3: Sounds like a possible video driver/corruption issue
4: Also sounds like it could be related to video/drivers
5: Sounds like a NIC driver issue.
Conclusion, update your Video and NIC drivers.
1. My video card is a Intel Core i3-2120T. I updated to all of the latest drivers although I cannot remember if there was some drivers not available and I had to install Windows 7 drivers. Now that I think about it this does not happen on my desktops so maybe it is a driver issue. This happens on my media/NAS box which is hooked up to a TV with a HDMI cable.
2. This happens on all of my computers with Windows 8 and never occurred with Windows 7. MorganX has the same problem so I know I am not alone.
3. I would have never thought it was a video driver issue. This happens only on certain sites and seems to be random. It happens the most on Neowin and it happens on all of my PCs.
4. So far this only seems to happen on one of my PCs which has an ATI 4870x2. Although Microsoft has drivers for out of the box the drivers do not have the control center which I need to control my fan speeds and other crossfire settings so I installed Catalyst 11.12 which is for Windows 7. Maybe you are right about the driver issues. I remember ATI having flash player issues with some of the driver versions in the past.
5. I forgot to mention. When I copied the files from the NAS to the PC it was on the NAS PC using remote desktop to the desktop PC. When I could not delete the files I went to the local PC where I had copied the files to and tried to delete the files from that PC itself and the problem still exists. I thought maybe it was that PC and that the hard drive was going bad so I tested on another PC and the same thing happens on that one.
I will try new video drivers and see if there is an update NIC driver. The most worrisome problem is #5. I cannot delete files copied to another PC from remote desktop.