driving speeding excuses sex appeal

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 61,813 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 16:27

Every driver hates getting a ticket. So when you are pulled over, how do you minimize the damage to your wallet?

First, realize the risk of serious danger to the officer is quite real.

"Cops get killed on car stops," said Jerry Kane, 53, a retired New York Police Department officer. Kane said if you're pulled over, you should realize the officer will be on high alert.

Watch the full story - including more dramatic secrets from cops and other professions - on "20/20: True Confessions" Friday at 10 p.m. ET

"The most dangerous thing to the cop when he comes up to the car are the hands of someone, because they could hold a weapon," he said.

Drivers and passengers have been known to come out shooting, a fact cops are well aware of as they walk up to your vehicle.

"If he can see everybody's hands, immediately his blood pressure goes down, his pulse gets a bit slower," Kane said. "If it's nighttime, turn on the interior lights in your car. If it's night or day, lower all the windows on your car. … And put your hands up on the steering wheel - high, where the cop can see them."

This may make the officer more understanding and lenient, Kane said.

"If you were gonna get some discretion, you now set up that possibility."

The officer may then ask if you know what you did wrong. Kane said to be apologetic, but don't feel you have to admit anything.

"You can play dumb. You can say, 'What did I do?' And if he tells you what you did, you could say, 'I must have…you know, I just didn't realize it,'" Kane said.

Does it work to cry?

"Only for women," Kane said, laughing.

What if she shows a little leg?

"Since men and women were created, attractive women get more breaks," Kane said.

Finally, do as Kane does: keep your speed less than 10 miles per hour over the limit.

"If you were my brother or my cousin and asked me, that's what I would tell you."

source

#2 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 00:45

Does it work to cry?

"Only for women," Kane said, laughing.

That pretty much tells the tale right there.

#3 Luc2k

Luc2k

Neowinian

• 1,056 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:06

Cop's advice on how to get out of a ticket and not get shot in the USA

fixed

Most of the world doesn't get it's traffic cops paranoid.

#4 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,286 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:08

I have advice on how to get out of a ticket, how about follow the law, that'll keep you from getting tickets. :rofl:

#5 vetJohn S.

John S.

 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

• 19,541 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:49

Several years ago before I left home, one of my aunts had cancer and it was touch and go with her health. I had worked nightshift and hadn't been asleep maybe an hour or so. Mom woke me and said they had to rush my aunt to the hospital. So I jumped up threw on my clothes and sped her to the hospital, not thinking of there being a school zone since I wasn't normally in that area that time of day. Cop pulled me over and was shaking like Barney Fife as he wrote the ticket for speeing in a school zone. He didn't believe that I was taking my mother to the hospital to see my aunt with cancer.

Less than 30 minutes later my younger sister woke up late to leave for work. She sped through the same school zone, lied to the same cop--turned on the tears and said she was going to the hospital and didn't get a ticket at all.

#6 sc302

sc302

Neowinian Senior

• 7,312 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:40

Pretty much what Hum has quoted is true. Sure don't speed and you won't get a ticket at all. But if you do speed (we are all guilty at some point) and a cop pulls you over, keep your hands on your steering wheel at all times at 10 and 2 unless he tells you otherwise. This will diffuse the officer or at least keep him calm, and if you have a ccw or open carry put your hands on your dash and explain to the officer that you have a weapon on you. Try to give him as much control over the situation as possible and your stop will go very smoothly and usually without much incident. If you are a male teen, expect to be manhandled.

#7 Rohdekill

Rohdekill

Neowinian Senior

• 3,497 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:48

You'd think this would all be common sense. Sad that it needs to be explained.

Funny, no mention of "get the #$&* off your cell phone when a cop is talking to you" or "shut off the loud @ss music" was mentioned. These too, should be common sense.

#8 articuno1au

articuno1au

Neowinian Senior

• 4,452 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:50

Also, don't be a douche bag to the cops.

Their lives are hard enough without dealing with ###### >.<

I find being polite is 9/10ths of the battle.

#9 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• 8,681 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 30 November 2012 - 13:13

If I was a cop and I pulled over a hot woman, I would give her a ticket so I could see her again in traffic court.

#10 BillDozer357

BillDozer357

brained his damage.

• 89 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 13:18

There was an ACLU video from a few years ago that instructed people NOT to roll down their windows any more than was absolutely necessary to communicate with the officer and hand him your license and registration. I'll have to see if I can find it.

#11 Mark

Mark

(: ollǝɥ

• 3,711 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 13:26

If I was a cop and I pulled over a hot woman, I would give her a ticket so I could see her again in traffic court.

And that's why you're not a cop :rolleyes:

#12 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• 8,681 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 30 November 2012 - 22:17

There was an ACLU video from a few years ago that instructed people NOT to roll down their windows any more than was absolutely necessary to communicate with the officer and hand him your license and registration. I'll have to see if I can find it.

The ACLU is a horrible organization.

#13 Charisma

Charisma

e-1337-ist

• 4,523 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 22:20

And I'm sure she'd be just as thrilled to see you again. :laugh:

I have advice on how to get out of a ticket, how about follow the law, that'll keep you from getting tickets. :rofl:

Boooooo-ring ;)

#14 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• 5,874 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 22:26

Being pretty stubborn, if a woman tried the waterworks trick with me, I'd probably be more inclined to give her a ticket for trying to be deceitful :laugh:

#15 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• 15,028 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 22:43

I usually don't speed on any street that has a speed limit of 40mph+. What gets me are the long stretches of country road we have here that are 30mph. I'm always looking down and see that I'm doing 45mph+ and having to ease back. My drive to work is like that every morning.... just a matter of time until I get a ticket. I'll try to remember to show some leg, but my legs are hairy as hell so I don't know if it will help much.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!