Speedfan and my new graphics card

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pes2013

pes2013

Neowinian

Posted 30 November 2012 - 00:18

Hello

I recently changed from a X1600 Pro to a GTX 650 Ti and today I went ahead and turned on Speedfan. It detects I can control up to 4. Usually I put it to 60%, all of them. Today I went copy pasting but when I got to the last one and put 60%, my display suddenly turned off, the led light telling me if the display is on/off started blinking like it was receiving no input. Since it was odd, I alt+F4 (I had SpeedFan selected) and it quit the program and speeds went back to normal. Nonetheless, my display remained like this and I had to press the reset button.

Booting Windows 7 back up, it says a BSOD happened.

What could be the issue here? Im scared of turning the fans down again in case it damages the new card...

#2 Mindovermaster

Mindovermaster

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 13
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy SIII

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:56

Then... Don't? :laugh:

But, seriously, did you try a higher number, say 70 or 80%? 60% might be too low for it, that it fails.

Also speedfan could be faulty and turn the fan down too much, that your 650 sends out a warning and shuts down everything

#3 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:01

In general graphics card fans today are automatically controlled based on temperature. The speed they're running at is what is required to keep the temperature down.