Speedfan and my new graphics card

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pes2013

pes2013

Neowinian

Posted 30 November 2012 - 00:18

Hello

I recently changed from a X1600 Pro to a GTX 650 Ti and today I went ahead and turned on Speedfan. It detects I can control up to 4. Usually I put it to 60%, all of them. Today I went copy pasting but when I got to the last one and put 60%, my display suddenly turned off, the led light telling me if the display is on/off started blinking like it was receiving no input. Since it was odd, I alt+F4 (I had SpeedFan selected) and it quit the program and speeds went back to normal. Nonetheless, my display remained like this and I had to press the reset button.

Booting Windows 7 back up, it says a BSOD happened.

What could be the issue here? Im scared of turning the fans down again in case it damages the new card...

#2 Mindovermaster

Mindovermaster

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 9
  • Phone: HTC ONE V

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:56

Then... Don't? :laugh:

But, seriously, did you try a higher number, say 70 or 80%? 60% might be too low for it, that it fails.

Also speedfan could be faulty and turn the fan down too much, that your 650 sends out a warning and shuts down everything

#3 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:01

In general graphics card fans today are automatically controlled based on temperature. The speed they're running at is what is required to keep the temperature down.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!