5 posts in this topic

Posted

Now before i start, I know this isn't a permanent fix, there are some dents that need professional attention, the only reason i used this scratch remover is it was a cheap option to try and mask the damage as best i can, until after Christmas when i can afford the

Posted

If it's into the paint, it's not going to fix it.. if it's just the top/clear coat, those products will work, otherwise go to the dealer and get the exact color for your car, they can match it up, and it comes in a little pen type applicator..

Posted

The only scratch that has gone into the paint deeply is the little mark on the door lip there, you can see the silver metal underneath, would you say a pen will be sufficient or do i need to fill it first?!

Posted

Pen will do that, if you do a few light coats. Just polish it in afterwards so it blends.

Posted

Yep, here's what I did last year:

http://aphnetworks.com/forums/topic/5257-how-to-repair-deep-scratches-on-your-car-the-cheap-and-quick-way/

Paint over the scratch with thick enough layers of paint. Sand it down till it evens out, and then polish out the spot. If you're lazy just use a car detailing buffer and buff everything out with a filler type polish from your favorite car detailing store.