What Was Your Very First Cellphone?

This was my very first cell phone. I thought this was the coolest thing on the planet back then in 1995. Boy, technology has changed.

Nokia_6110_Mobil_Telefon.jpg

Impossible - this handset or the first from the range, the 6110 (your picture is of the 6130 or 6150, not clear which), was released in 1997 which means there is no way you could have had it in 1995.

Impossible - this handset or the first from the range, the 6110 (your picture is of the 6130 or 6150, not clear which), was released in 1997 which means there is no way you could have had it in 1995.

Dude....Did it occurred to you that I may have made a timeline mistake? All I know is I had that phone and that's what counts.

Dude....Did it occurred to you that I may have made a timeline mistake? All I know is I had that phone and that's what counts.

I know you made a mistake - but am interested in which variant and when?

I had an Ericsson PH388 in 1997, a Nokia 6150 (the triband variant) in 1998, a Nokia 8810 in early 1999, a Motorola StarTac 130 in mid 1999 and a Nokia 7110 in late 1999 through to mid 2000.

Can't remember exactly if it was 1991 or 1992 but this was the first phone I had: Ericsson-gh 197-1 (As far as I can ascertain it's the correct model number but not 100% sure, there were a few that looked the same but with different model numbers)

post-23703-0-47956600-1354660573.jpg

I'm too young to have had any of these cool phones...

Although, my grandmother did have a DynaTAC 8900x. If I remember correctly, she used it up until 2005.

dynatac8000x.jpg

800px-Matrixphone.jpg

I loved it sooo much. And it was before it was used in the Matrix (though with spring loading mechanism) - after that, it was freaking coolest phone ever!

i did have startac - which was the first clamshell ever, but i hated the menus and it was not really mine, but my dads. this nokia was so much better.

motorola was a hit only by hardware design (back in the day) - soft was ****.

I forgot what my first cell phone was, no idea who the manufacturer was even. But the first that I bought myself and used for 5+ years was a Sony Ericsson w810i.

4152T7SQQ7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Motorola-RAZR-V3xx-01.jpg

This was 4 years ago when I was 16. Now I have my trusty 4S which I worked and paid for altho luckily until I find work my parents are paying the bill. My parents had Nokia 3310's with Cingular then switched to the crappy iDEN Nextel for the PTT but then quickly switched back after the Sprint merger to AT&T.

This was my first, a Sagem MY X3-2, at least it had a color screen and polyphonic ringtones!! lol.

Edited by Redmak
Removed image (login required)

The first cell I saw was this Nokia handset slightly older than the one in the OP. Had a fairly large dot matrix display and an extendible antenna.

My first phone? The Razr v3. :p Almost six years of feature phones and a year of a smartphone.

Nokia 232 was my first in 1994, I'm currently using Samsung Galaxy S (1st gen) does the job until my contract expires.

by then the SGS 4 should be out.

Am I the only one old enough to have had one of theses back in 1992?

Bag_Phone.jpg

Nope you're not. Well I didn't own one but I used them back then. But it was 1992 when I got that one I posted, somewhere around there.