Frankie Muniz recovering from "mini-stroke"

Frankie Muniz has revealed that he suffered a "mini-stroke" last week.

The 26-year-old actor shared on Twitter that he has spent the past several days recovering from a serious medical crisis.

" was in the hospital last Friday. I suffered a 'Mini Stroke', which was not fun at all," the former Malcolm in the Middle star tweeted.

Muniz continued: " have to start taking care of my body! Getting old!"

The actor has shared no further information on his medical condition as of yet.

He is best known for starring in Fox's hit sitcom Malcolm in the Middle from 2000 to 2006.

Muniz most recently appeared as himself on James Van Der Beek's series Don't Trust The B---- in Apartment 23. He also guest starred in Tim Allen's Last Man Standing earlier this year.

Source

He also guest starred in Tim Allen's Last Man Standing earlier this year.

Wait he did? I didn't see that... When?

I don't know whats scary, the thought that HE thinks hes treating his body bad enough where it could cause a stroke. Or knowing that something is soo wrong that could cause a stroke at such a young age. I highly doubt its how hes "Treating" his body. Theres something worse than just how hes treating his body.

Doesn't have to be cocaine.

He could have arteriosclerosis in his carotid (neck) arteries. Once they are 85-90% blocked people can experience transient ischemic attacks (TIA's), which temporarily reduce blood flow to the brain. Add caffeine or stress and the artery can spasm, make the occlusion worse, and it's off to the races. These are the most common cause of "mini-strokes."

He's 26, so he IS old enough to have a carotid blockage. Hell, back during the Vietnam War lots of autopsies were done on 18-25 year olds and most already had arteriosclerosis.

Then there's this -

A few percent of the population are born with cerebral aneurysms - weak spots in the blood vessels of the brain that can bulge like a bad tire. Most people never have symptoms. Sometimes they leak, and sometimes they burst and the victims often die. Add anything that raises ones blood pressure, such as caffein, stress etc. (the usual suspects) and bad things can happen.