Photo

Problem with networking (ubuntu server)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OmegaHack

OmegaHack

OmegaHack

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:08

I was connected via ssh and was looking something up on another computer, I switch back to my terminal and I have been disconnected. RX packets are being received ALL TX packets are being dropped. sudo lshw -C network returns nothing. Nothing was changed. I have also switched cables, ethernet adapters, rebooted, rebooted router. Nothing seems to be working, anyone have any ideas?

just ran

sudo networking restart

and got back

stop unable to connect to system bus: Failed to connect to socket /var/usr/dbus/system_bus_socket: no such file or directory

start unable to connect to system bus: Failed to connect to socket /var/usr/dbus/system_bus_socket: no such file or directory

#2 +Karl L.

Karl L.

xorangekiller

• Tech Issues Solved: 15

Posted 07 December 2012 - 15:15

If the network adapter suddenly disappeared, you might have a hardware problem. The error you are getting from dbus is due to the driver for your network adapter. The driver is loaded, but it can't find the device it is supposed to be driving. Unloading the driver (using modprobe -r) would probably prevent that error from occurring when you restart networking, but it won't fix your network adapter. dmesg, messages, or syslog might give you a better idea of the exact issue.