Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Far Cry 3 Steam

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Is Far Cry 3 not available through Steam then? I only found it available digitally through UPlay. What is with all these companies copying what Steam does now, so that means If I buy a game I may need Origin, another game UPlay, another game Steam its ridiculous :/

Posted

Well people have been saying it was ment to become availble by now in the UK, but it's still not on my Steam store either. :s

Posted

Steam Version Still uses Uplay.

Posted

UK doesn't have it in Steam yet. All versions use uPlay. it isn't like Origin or others like that. It is more like Games for Windows.
So getting through Steam offers no real benefits.

Posted

[quote name='Lingwo' timestamp='1354905506' post='595375530']
UK doesn't have it in Steam yet. All versions use uPlay. it isn't like Origin or others like that. It is more like Games for Windows.
So getting through Steam offers no real benefits.
[/quote]

The Steam version allows you to speak to your friends, verify downloaded data for corruption, reinstall software packages on a new Windows install (C++, DirectX, etc) and to take and upload screenshots. I had to buy Far Cry 3 online to get it on Steam. It annoys me that Ubisoft signed a contract with GAME that prevented it from being available on Steam at release.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0