Photo

Using gala compositing in xubuntu 12.10

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 March 2013 - 18:38

I noticed that if you put it in the session before manually running "gala --replace" once, it won't work. try hitting alt + f2, typing "gala --replace", then double checking the session file to make sure its still set to use gala, and then re-log and it should load gala as expected.

I'm not following you on this. So load terminal and type in: gala --replace. Is that right?

#17 OP ViperAFK

ViperAFK

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 19 March 2013 - 18:41

I'm not following you on this. So load terminal and type in: gala --replace. Is that right?

terminal works too, you just need to put that command either in the terminal or use xfce's alt + f2 run prompt.

#18 Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 March 2013 - 18:49

terminal works too, you just need to put that command either in the terminal or use xfce's alt + f2 run prompt.

Ok I did that. Then logged out and it's still the same. So I restarted and still the same thing. Maybe it's the theme I am using or the fact that I installed xfce4 on Mint 13, then installed gala?

#19 OP ViperAFK

ViperAFK

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 March 2013 - 18:57

Ok I did that. Then logged out and it's still the same. So I restarted and still the same thing. Maybe it's the theme I am using or the fact that I installed xfce4 on Mint 13, then installed gala?

It shouldn't have any effect on the theme aside from the window decorations. Are you getting the window shadows and animations?

#20 Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 March 2013 - 18:59

It shouldn't have any effect on the theme aside from the window decorations. Are you getting the window shadows and animations?

I'm not getting anything in regards to gala. I guess I could start from a clean slate and just install Xubuntu.

#21 themind24

themind24

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 25 May 2013 - 14:42

Hi,
I successful installed Gala on Xubuntu 13.04, but I have a question about workspace management:
in Elementary OS the workspace are shown and managed at bottom with the possibility of move windows from a workspace to another; how can I obtain it in xubuntu too?
I tried setting this operation is command in an active corner but nothing happened.
Thanks!

#22 OP ViperAFK

ViperAFK

Neowinian Senior

Posted 25 May 2013 - 15:24

Hi,
I successful installed Gala on Xubuntu 13.04, but I have a question about workspace management:
in Elementary OS the workspace are shown and managed at bottom with the possibility of move windows from a workspace to another; how can I obtain it in xubuntu too?
I tried setting this operation is command in an active corner but nothing happened.
Thanks!

I'm not sure, i was never able to get that to work outside of pantheon.