Question

Posted

I just was looking around for a nice notepad++ alternative and found brackets which is a project by adobe and damn it's fast and handy!

It's currently work in progress but can already be downloaded at http://brackets.io/ for Mac and Windows.

The main features are: live results in google chrome* and it being fully open source and written in html, js and css.

[sub]*Google chrome is only supported at this moment which is the only major downside at the moment.[/sub]

[sub]It also supports less files which are advanced css files which is how I found out about brackets after searching a editor that supported less files by default :p[/sub]

[sub]Anyone has tried it already before?[/sub]

6 answers to this question

Posted

Just searched to see if anyone else has come across this editor before. Yes I know the original post is very old but this editor is great! I think I'm going to use it for my main editor now. Just thought it might be worth putting on the front page software section.

Posted

Don't like it tbh. Although a bit slower I find https://atom.io/ the better open source editor.

Posted

Nice never heard of atom,going to give it a try.

Posted

Nice never heard of atom,going to give it a try.

It's by the github team and is pretty much a sublime text clone but it allows you to hack and customize it to your hearts content.

Posted

Atom is way too slow. It's painful to use going from sublime text

Posted

I've seen nothing but good reviews for this on all of the communities I am an active participant on.

I've only JUST downloaded it, as a long-time Notepad++ enthusiast, this is going to be a bit of an adjustment. But it looks pretty solid and like something I'll be using for a long time.