• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#1 SMELTN

SMELTN

Neowinian Senior

• OS: Windows 7 Ultimate, 2012 Macbook Pro, CR-48 Chromebook from Google
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 09 December 2012 - 20:29

Well, I tried Android again. I sold my iPhone 5 and purchased a Galaxy S3 with AT&T. I kept it for 3 weeks and took it back and got another iPhone 5. Don't get me wrong, Android has come a LONG way, but, the iPhone or iOS is just to polished and chiseled compared to Android. It has been a almost a week now since I have come back and honestly, I am very glad I did.

Good article btw about coming back to iOS

http://techpinions.c...288381481237582

#2 Bizkit

Bizkit

Neowinian Senior

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:20

I just did the same thing honestly. I went from the Note 2 back to the iPhone 5. The Note 2 did some things that blew me away, but in the end, it didn't fit MY needs. Also iOS still has the MUCH better app store.

#3 Perfect72

Perfect72

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:22

I switched to WP8, to try something new (and I still keep my Android phone with Serendipity ROM on me).

#4 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:07

I got a Nexus 4 and really loved it...until it died. Went to grab it off the charger on Saturday and the phone was off. Couldn't get it back on pass the "Google" initial screen. I could get to the boot menu and goto Recovery Mode, but same result: couldn't get pass the "Google" screen. Spend the afternoon troubleshooting it, but in the end I had to RMA it.

Now I'm back on my iPhone 4, and I agree with you. iOS is REALLY polished. But when it came down to my needs I felt like either OS could fulfill them. iPhone is just way to expensive for me to buy new and unlocked. Google has the right idea with how much unlocked hardware should really cost. So I'll probably be on Android for awhile unless the price of other phones dropped. Just waiting for my replacement Nexus 4 and hoping I just got a dud phone.

Android isn't at all 'complex'. It is very straight forward. People should use what they want to use and be able to express objective opinions without belittling/bullying others.

#5 AbandonedTrolley

AbandonedTrolley

Dexter Freak

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:11

Trying to make yourself out to be superior because of the mobile OS you use? Really?

Please... Android isn't at all 'complex'. It is very straight forward. People should use what they want to use and be able to express objective opinions without belittling/bullying others.

Yeah that's crazy, I don't use an iPhone because I'm just not a fan of the design and layout of it all, I know it's now got folders but I still love just having an app drawer on Android. I don't want my homescreens cluttered with rows of squares. That doesn't mean I need to claim superiority other those that want it though. Each to their own :)

#6 typu

typu

Neowinian

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:31

what i do with my phone mostly:
- whatsapp
- surfing
- email
- making a call
- taking pictures
- listening to music
- listening to podcasts
- occassionally watching a movie

more or less, thats about it and all of that can be done on android as good as on the iphone. videos are even better as i do not need to encode them. just drag & drop from my computer.

if you need tons of specific apps, i can imagine the iphone is superior. but tbh, apart from that, the devices nowadays are so similar.

to each his own preferred device. i think choice is a good thing and im glad we are not limited any longer to one specific company to fullfill our needs.

#7 Seketh

Seketh

Neowinian

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:43

Why don't you guys try Windows Phone 8?

It really is a great mobile OS, and as more people come to the platform, more apps will also be developed for it.

#8 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (VM)

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:52

Well, I tried Android again. I sold my iPhone 5 and purchased a Galaxy S3 with AT&T. I kept it for 3 weeks and took it back and got another iPhone 5. Don't get me wrong, Android has come a LONG way, but, the iPhone or iOS is just to polished and chiseled compared to Android. It has been a almost a week now since I have come back and honestly, I am very glad I did.

Good article btw about coming back to iOS

http://techpinions.c...288381481237582

Will you still say iOS is more polished when the time comes and it navigates you, say, into a forest instead of where you actually want to go?

#9 Luis Mazza

Luis Mazza

Neowinian

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:16

More polished? iOS is so polished that it is actually shaved off.

I used to love the iPhone but now it is absolutely behind andoid on EVERY aspect.

#10 UseLess

UseLess

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:27

Haha wow, that escalated to flame quickly =P

I personally think it depends on what you currently use. If you have an imac, and an ipad...then an iphone makes sense. If you use google apps, with a gmail account, then an android device makes sense (or anything if you tinker with android enough). I have a windows desktop, want to get a surface, and have a hotmail/outlook account...so im using WP.

Android also works well for those that like to have their devices exactly how THEY want it - swap the UI, move the buttons, change the animations. Comes at a cost but, iOS/WP is a little more stable/smooth than android.

Its like the Windows/OSX/Linux debate...but with more hardware.

#11 REM2000

REM2000

Neowinian Senior

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:35

I switched from an iPhone to a Galaxy Note 2 and i couldn't be happier the device is a lot more versatile then the iPhone and i find that it's reduced my need for using a laptop or tablet as much.

I agree with the polish though, the integration of the apps and overall polish is better on the iPhone. However the customisations i think nulify these to a certain degree, sticking on my own choice of email, music playing app and not using the stock stuff was quite refreshing.

An article which is worth a read, Apple’s biggest problem: Google is getting better at design faster than Apple is getting better at web services.

http://patrickbgibso...ple-and-twitter

#12 trogenda

trogenda

Neowinian

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:42

What about windows phone?

#13 mps69

mps69

Neowinian

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:45

Seriously we're still debating/arguing this....come on, no one is right....move on for goodness sake
Mine is better than you're......no mine is better than yours
I remember having the same debate in the school playground, about how my dad was bigger than his dad.
Turns out I didn't care life is just too short to debate this type of thing these days.

#14 CronicHazel

CronicHazel

Neowinian

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:27

The greatest, truest benefit of the iPhone is the massive, in-depth catalog of apps.

It's up to someone preferring Android's hardware muscle vs the iPhone's app store; just to keep it simple haha

#15 marty999

marty999

Neowinian

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:19

what i do with my phone mostly:
- whatsapp
- surfing
- email
- making a call
- taking pictures
- listening to music
- listening to podcasts
- occassionally watching a movie

more or less, thats about it and all of that can be done on android as good as on the iphone. videos are even better as i do not need to encode them. just drag & drop from my computer.

if you need tons of specific apps, i can imagine the iphone is superior. but tbh, apart from that, the devices nowadays are so similar.

to each his own preferred device. i think choice is a good thing and im glad we are not limited any longer to one specific company to fullfill our needs.

Don't really care what phone anyone uses - it's a personal thing. But found it interesting that you buy a mobile phone and making calls is 4th on your list of things you do with it.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!