did Dabs forget to take payment?

So i ordered a new GB 7970 from them exactly 7 days ago, and payed for next day delievery. sure enough it arrived next day, however as of yet, no dosh has left my account. This item came straigh from their supplier, but I find it very strange that nothing has come off at 7 days later. normally it comes off before they despatch. below wording taken from their website.

It's our company policy to only take the payment from your credit card, debit card or chosen payment provider once your goods are about to be 'picked' and not when you place your order. On some occasions, we could instruct our suppliers to ship an item to you directly and this would be the only occasion when we take the funds from your card or payment provider before having the goods in stock. Our suppliers attempt to ship the next working day, so you shouldn't see any difference or delays from the time the payment is taken to receiving your goods.

looks like it, just keep the money in your account for a couple of months atleast, not sure how much the amount is and if it would be damaging if you spent it and then got charged.

it's easily done, i once ordered 2 t-shirts from a store and was told payment would be taken later as systems were down, payment was never taken :)

They'll figure it out when they realise they are hundreds of ? out of pocket

Hell, EBuyer sent me 2 x PC Cases when I only ordered one, I kept quite and a week or so later they emailed me saying "Either give it back, or pay for it"

I gave it back

• Like 2

Hell, EBuyer sent me 2 x PC Cases when I only ordered one, I kept quite and a week or so later they emailed me saying "Either give it back, or pay for it"

I gave it back

Not sure about laws on the other side of the pond, but they can't legally do that here. Once its your hand, it's yours. They can ask for it back only out of the goodness of your own heart :p

Not sure about laws on the other side of the pond, but they can't legally do that here. Once its your hand, it's yours. They can ask for it back only out of the goodness of your own heart :p

I did wonder that myself too and it probably is the same here but I use eBuyer all the time, plus I had no use for the extra case at the time anyway :)

well, still havent been charged for it!! i bought another one from them, fwe days ago, and payment has been taken for that one. but still not for the first one! looks like I may have lucked out after all! result! :-)

well, still havent been charged for it!! i bought another one from them, fwe days ago, and payment has been taken for that one. but still not for the first one! looks like I may have lucked out after all! result! :-)

Heh, nice one, I think you should use the extra cash to buy me one now :p

well, finally got an invoice for first card! :-( however I also got another tracking number and them telling me my card has been despatched as of 17th for next day delvery! wtf??! looks like i will be charged, but may also receive a third one! lol

well, finally got an invoice for first card! :-( however I also got another tracking number and them telling me my card has been despatched as of 17th for next day delvery! wtf??! looks like i will be charged, but may also receive a third one! lol

I would contact them and come clean unless you have enough money in your account for a third one - just in case!

geez, i was actually thinking this invoice which i just received (which was defo for the first card i bought) was just them catching up, sending me all the historic paper work emails. but just checked and its definitely on its way! the third one is in Edinburgh out for delivery. free one after all.

I gave it back

I hope you made them send a courier to deal with it. Otherwise you're out of time/pocket!

geez, i was actually thinking this invoice which i just received (which was defo for the first card i bought) was just them catching up, sending me all the historic paper work emails. but just checked and its definitely on its way! the third one is in Edinburgh out for delivery. free one after all.

Do you even have enough slots for a third one or are you going to sell it on? :p

keep it for a cupple of months and if you hear nothing. free stuff!

you do realise they are entitled to with hold taking payment for upto 6 months.

a transaction has taken place and if the funds have not left his account this could be due to a billing error

they have proof that a transaction has taken place and payment info has been provided at the time of ordering so they will seek to take payment from him.

Do you even have enough slots for a third one or are you going to sell it on? :p

ive got enough slots for a third. but tbh, would probably just sell it though!

I hope you made them send a courier to deal with it. Otherwise you're out of time/pocket!

I took it to work and they sent a courier to collect it from there so not too bad :)

I wouldn't have been paying to send it back, "you want it, come get it" lol !

Well in the spirit of Christmas it is better to give than to receive *cough*gimme*cough*

Be weary.

This happened to me too. I got the paperwork months afterwards saying it was out on courier but it was actually all for the one i'd already received.

To be honest I'd just shove it in there :p Now you have an insane amount of power in your system :D