how much from england to china?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Original Poster

Original Poster

C++ n00b

• 2,961 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 23:40

hi I wanted to do a trip this or next year to china... but I wanted to drive there (get a boat to france then onwards) how long and how much would it cost me to drive there ? going on average fuel prices ? and toll costs ? any help would be great :D ?

#2 Azusa

Azusa

Neowinian Senior

• 10,000 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 23:44

I'd say your best bet would be ferry to Russia then along the trans siberian highway which might take about 2 weeks as it takes about a week on the trans siberian railway and it might be cheaper to just fly.

#3 OP Original Poster

Original Poster

C++ n00b

• 2,961 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 23:53

I'd say your best bet would be ferry to Russia then along the trans siberian highway which might take about 2 weeks as it takes about a week on the trans siberian railway and it might be cheaper to just fly.

:p yee but drivings more fun i want to hit the coutries on the way :p

#4 Azusa

Azusa

Neowinian Senior

• 10,000 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 23:58

:p yee but drivings more fun i want to hit the coutries on the way :p

Yeah also what will you be driving in cause when you're taking a trip through different countries the roads won't always be good so you might wana take something hardy but easy to fix and find parts for.

#5 +mulligan2k

mulligan2k

Neowinian

• 717 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 00:02

looks like about 9000 miles, average say 35 mpg means about 1200 litres of fuel, at uk prices (£1.40ish a litre) £1680 in fuel alone

edit, oh yeh you gotta drive back too ;)

#6 dvb2000

dvb2000

Neowinian

• 1,444 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 00:07

hi I wanted to do a trip this or next year to china... but I wanted to drive there (get a boat to france then onwards) how long and how much would it cost me to drive there ? going on average fuel prices ? and toll costs ? any help would be great :D ?

bing is your friend here, unfortunately google maps is useless at any trip over a long distance.

you can drag the route to places you want to see and bing will work out all the details for you :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 OP Original Poster

Original Poster

C++ n00b

• 2,961 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 00:48

looks like about 9000 miles, average say 35 mpg means about 1200 litres of fuel, at uk prices (£1.40ish a litre) £1680 in fuel alone

edit, oh yeh you gotta drive back too ;)

uk prices? isnt it like 2thirds cheaper in the rest of the world haha .... also 3 of us maybe going...and have about 3000 each to spend (cant drive by my self would take longer and i would die ... lol ) ... also il probs find a standard car make for the trip like a ford or something (easy to fix and to get parts, maybe even a jeep cause they go for miles)..

bing is your friend here, unfortunately google maps is useless at any trip over a long distance.

you can drag the route to places you want to see and bing will work out all the details for you :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

haha i tried google! think il stick to the northen route... the middle eastern one might get me killed

#8 Eddie7

Eddie7

Hallo... www.connectw.me

• 799 posts
  • Phone: 1-800-CALL-ME-MAYBE

Posted 15 December 2012 - 00:49

After the seeing the map, ARE YOU CRAZY?

#9 OP Original Poster

Original Poster

C++ n00b

• 2,961 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 00:56

After the seeing the map, ARE YOU CRAZY?

its not that bad! its all driveable ... take me a few weeks ...put 1 or 2 months aside for the trip.... maybe get a burn car so i can fly back

#10 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:30

Like my uncle use to say, if you have to ask how much it costs then you probably can't afford it.

#11 Colin McGregor

Colin McGregor

Neowinian Senior

• 1,704 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Ativ S WP8

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:37

Takes about 5 days non stop 24 hour driving according to bing maps. On a side note I would love to make a trip like that in my car. Just me and maybe a friend (preferably someone I can have sex with on breaks) and the open road.

#12 OP Original Poster

Original Poster

C++ n00b

• 2,961 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:15

Like my uncle use to say, if you have to ask how much it costs then you probably can't afford it.

I hate that saying! lol I can afford it :p I recently spent 2grand on a japan trip... I think 3 grand would be enough for travel and munch on the way! ... and thats just my share! if i need more il get more :p that saying really grinds my gears haha !

Takes about 5 days non stop 24 hour driving according to bing maps. On a side note I would love to make a trip like that in my car. Just me and maybe a friend (preferably someone I can have sex with on breaks) and the open road.

I know what you mean! my friends are up for a large road trip (maybe to russia and back dont know if they can stand the china trip though but I am trying! ) I will try and get some ass along but i fear a broke back mountain trip ...

#13 Lant

Lant

Neowinian Senior

• 1,607 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 15:14

Also, good luck getting a visa to go through Russia, if you have no one to sponsor you then its most likely not going to happen.

#14 saxondale.

saxondale.

Neowinian Senior

• 10,184 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 15:24

good luck! i'm from england and living in china at the moment. let me know when you sort some plans out.

#15 Guest_seanseany_*

Guest_seanseany_*

Posted 15 December 2012 - 15:30

WOW that would be an Amazing adventure. Good luck and yes I'm jealous ! :D