Hyper Transport Sync Flood errors

Hi all,

I have a MSI 880G-E45 system (http://www.msi.com/p...b/880G-E45.html) that I bought from a co-worker last year that's been getting these Hyper Transport Sync Flood errors (in games like Diablo 3 and Far Cry 3, I can get 15-20 minutes of play and my PC reboots to a F1 prompt with this error). It's only happened on Windows 8 and I did not see this when I had Windows 7 installed, so yes, part of me understands if I went back to Windows 7, I won't be having issues (probably :) ), however, I have read that this error could result from anything from memory voltages to not big enough power supplies. I have loaded the optimized defaults and the ram is the same make/model. Just wondering if anyone has had these issues and can offer up some troubleshooting steps. I do have my computer on the floor, under my desk so the back is up against the wall and close by is a heating vent. I can't help but think that this could be mostly due to overheating because my Radeon 5770's fan gets pretty loud in any game. Any suggestions?

I should also point out that everything is updated, BIOS/Drivers, etc. I did some more searching and someone with a similar issue said he replaced everything but the GPU and his was a 5770. Once he replaced that, no issues. Since I am planning on getting a 7000 series at XMas, I'm hoping that's what the culprit is.

Thanks,

Brian