My Xmas present to myself.

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 BGM

BGM

Wibble Wobble™

Posted 19 December 2012 - 14:02

this is mine.. get it late jan though due to factory shut-down for xmas :(

3-series is coming up for 5 years old, shame really as i really love my current vehicle, this new one is much MUCH better on the fuel though :D

Attached Images

• 7529386198_e0220435eb_b.jpg

#32 javagreen

javagreen

Neowinian

Posted 19 December 2012 - 14:03

Damn that be awesome :o

#33 Pupik

Pupik

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 December 2012 - 14:07

Posted Image

Man, your "1" is so weird looking :|

#34 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• Tech Issues Solved: 11
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.10.14203.306

Posted 19 December 2012 - 14:30

Congrats, i hear those are very nice monitors.

I did not purchase myself anything for the Holidays. Just like every year :D

#35 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• Tech Issues Solved: 8
  • Phone: Android (4.4.2)

Posted 21 December 2012 - 00:15

My Present to myself:

Posted Image

And a case that is simmilar to this one:

Posted Image

#36 Glassed Silver

Glassed Silver

☆♡Neowin's portion of Crazy♡☆

• Phone: iPhone 5 64GB Black (6.0.2)

Posted 21 December 2012 - 00:21

My Present to myself:

Posted Image

And a case that is simmilar to this one:

Posted Image

*high paw*

Mine arrived a few weeks ago and I'm loving it.
Wanted to sell it originally, because I wanted to concentrate on other things more again (I planned to code for Linux on it), but I'm finding it to be a very nice XBMC box and quite usable as temporary Apple TV substitute.

Glassed Silver:mac

#37 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• Tech Issues Solved: 8
  • Phone: Android (4.4.2)

Posted 21 December 2012 - 00:35

*high paw*

Mine arrived a few weeks ago and I'm loving it.
Wanted to sell it originally, because I wanted to concentrate on other things more again (I planned to code for Linux on it), but I'm finding it to be a very nice XBMC box and quite usable as temporary Apple TV substitute.

Glassed Silver:mac

I got mine beginning of December (so couple weeks ago also). Been doing coding for it. I am using it for video playback with OMXPlayer. My project with it is still a long way off, but my final hope is a setup like this: (I will mark % as to how far complete the project part is).

1. Use Sickbeard to Automatically obtain .NZB Files for shows I watch when they air (100%)
2. Use a custom written server to detect when the NZB is created and launch Grabit to download the NZB (100%)
3. With the server, watch for the movie/video file to be created and insert the name and path into a database (100%)
4. Have a PHP Page running on a local wamp server that reads the database and displays all the video files (100%)
5. The page has a "Play" link that when clicked created a text file in a trigger folder with the file name and path (100%)
6. Have the server watch the trigger folder for the files to be created, then parse the file (100%)
7. Have a custom client on the RPI that connects to the media server and awaits commands (100%)
8. The server will parse the file and send commands to the pi ie) Mount path as /mnt, and launch omxplayer with args (100%)
9. Have the web-page update to know when the video is playing, and offer a remote style view for video control (0%)
10. Have an entire FrameBuffer GUI backend that will let me have notifications, options, etc on the screen without X (25%)
11. Have the server send notifications to the client (IE: Episode Downloading, Episode Available, [and more]) (50%)
12. Have the notifications that are received by the pi show up in the Framebuffered GUI (0%)
13. Have the FB Gui be able to take user input via STDIN and do things ie: open menus, folders, etc (0%)

Essentially I am writing my own media center stuff that won't need X, or any other Window System it will be direct framebuffer stuff. It's slow going as even writing a letter I do it a pixel at a time, so I have a lot of math and stuff to keep track of when drawing to the screen. But I am doing my best to make hard work be a backend thing, and the front set of code be easy to write.

ie) Instead of drawing each pixel for everything have a drawPixel function that I pass in X, Y, Color and it will draw it, allowing me to use math to automate things like drawing lines, boxes, etc. Same as drawing the strings I have a function that is a simple DrawString("MyString",0,0,Colors::Color.Blue); which then does all the determining of position, how to draw each letter, etc.

It's time consuming, but every little step makes you feel awesome, especially as I am very weak in C++ it's a great way to learn. I opted to do the web-interface so I can control the pi with my Playbook, or Phone, or PC in another room if I wanted to. As long as it's on the network.