'The IT Crowd' to return in 2013?

The IT Crowd creator Graham Linehan has revealed that he is planning to revive the series.

The writer announced on Twitter that he is hoping to bring the Channel 4 sitcom back for a one-off special in mid-2013.

Last year, Linehan confirmed that there would not be a full fifth series of The IT Crowd, which aired between 2006 and 2010.

The comedy starred Chris O'Dowd, Richard Ayoade and Katherine Parkinson as three staff members of the IT department at the fictional Reynholm Industries.

O'Dowd - who played Roy - revealed in September that he was interested in reprising his role, claiming that the show's stars still "need closure".

"I'd love to do something more with those characters," he said. "I don't think we said goodbye to them properly."

Source

I've recently been re-watching them on Netflix. So this is good news for me..

I can't believe i used to not like this show.

Now channel 4 just revive Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. Then all will be forgiven.

Now channel 4 just revive Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. Then all will be forgiven.

oh dear god yes, was chatting about this show last night down the pub...everyone remembers it :D

"one-off special in mid-2013"

It's only ONE episode and NOT a new series!!

probably hard now to get the actors to commit, both the male leads are busy with directing and LA

probably hard now to get the actors to commit, both the male leads are busy with directing and LA

I will take what I can get, still even though the show was short it is one of my favorites of all times (as was Black Books)

The two main guys are my favorite characters from stuff now, ever since seeing them in this. They are amazing. I can't wait for this, even if it's one episode.