• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 typu

typu

Neowinian

Posted 19 December 2012 - 17:29

Hi

as the title says, im too stupid to find a specific windows setting:

after my pc booted up I get to a screen that shows the seattle tower, mountains in the background etc. Its nice but Id like to change that picture. How can I do that?

Also, is there a way to change the background at the screen where I can type my password? Its just a solid color, Id like to replace that with a picture.

I have only been able to find the setting to change my lockscreen, but thats not what I mean.

Thanks!

Br

#2 f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: Motorola Moto G

Posted 19 December 2012 - 17:42

Change lock screen:
http://www.eightforu...indows-8-a.html

Remove lock screen:
http://blog.laptopma...in8-lock-screen

#3 OP typu

typu

Neowinian

Posted 19 December 2012 - 17:51

thanks but I know how to change the lockscreen. the 2 screens mentioned above are something different:

1. the screen you see first when you resume or boot your computer
2. the screen where you see your "avatar" picture and enter the password

#4 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • OS: Win 8, Win 7, Vista, OSX, iOS, Android, WP8 and various Linux distro's
  • Phone: HTC 8X

Posted 19 December 2012 - 17:58

No, that's what you asked for (the first question) and for your second question, nope.

Change lock screen:
http://www.eightforu...indows-8-a.html

If you don;t want to click the link above (in Tyler R's post) then...
  • go to start screen
  • click your avatar in the corner
  • select 'change picture'
  • You should now have all the settings for said screens in front of you.

#5 OP typu

typu

Neowinian

Posted 19 December 2012 - 18:17

sorry I dont get it. as a definition I differentiate between 3 screens:

1. the first you see when you boot up --> name?

2. the lockscreen (e.g. winkey + l) --> lockscreen, easy to configure, as explained by yourself

3. the background image/color of my avatar where I can enter my password --> name?

dont you get an image shown when you boot up before you log in? the lock screen has notifications on it, the first one after booting that I see has nothing on it, just the Seattle picture. After I hit a key I then get to the avatar/login screen. thats just not the same as the lockscreen.

or do i have a bloody weird windows 8 version?

#6 sM4llziE

sM4llziE

Neowinian

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 820

Posted 19 December 2012 - 18:24

Are you talking about the boot image? The 4 squares before you see the lockscreen? If so, I'm not too sure if its changeable without editing system files.

#7 OP typu

typu

Neowinian

Posted 19 December 2012 - 18:27

reserved for editing

#8 +Xenosion

Xenosion

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 December 2012 - 18:40

There is a Start Screen and a Lock Screen. I'm not sure what the confusion is about. Where you see an avatar and enter your password, it's a blank background... The only visual changes would be from the color theme you choose. I may be wrong, but that's how I understand your issue.

#9 illidanx

illidanx

Neowinian

Posted 19 December 2012 - 22:17

Hi

as the title says, im too stupid to find a specific windows setting:

after my pc booted up I get to a screen that shows the seattle tower, mountains in the background etc. Its nice but Id like to change that picture. How can I do that?

Also, is there a way to change the background at the screen where I can type my password? Its just a solid color, Id like to replace that with a picture.

I have only been able to find the setting to change my lockscreen, but thats not what I mean.

Thanks!

Br

While this does not directly answer your question but if you use picture password, you don't have to use the screen with you avatar and a blank background.

#10 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760
  • Phone: HTC One 64GB

Posted 19 December 2012 - 22:34

While this does not directly answer your question but if you use picture password, you don't have to use the screen with you avatar and a blank background.

If you use a PIN, one of my favorite new features, you won't have to see the blank avatar screen long enough to be bothered by the fact that you can't change it. :D

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!