Question

Posted

Nokia has begun to push out the first over-the-air (OTA) update for Windows Phone for their Lumia 920 and 820 devices.

This morning at 10AM PT (1PM ET), Nokia and Microsoft along with their carrier partners Rogers and AT&T have officially begun to roll out the OS and firmware updates for the Nokia Lumia 920 (and Lumia 820 on AT&T).

16 answers to this question

Posted

Woohoo! My 920 is updating now. Is AT&T turning over a new leaf with Windows Phone 8?

Posted

MY att 920 Iis updating now.

Posted

It takes awhile to prepare the update. Mine has been stuck on 100% for a few minutes now.

Update: The gears are turning now :)

Posted

It feels like its taking long or not doing anything nut just wait and it'll end. It's not just one update nut a few things together.

Posted

Does anyone know what's included in this update?

Posted

Got it. Yay for persistent wifi.

Posted

[quote name='MorganX' timestamp='1355942726' post='595403774']
Does anyone know what's included in this update?
[/quote]

Sharper camera images (for the 920)
SMS Drafts
Call Rejection w/ text message
Bluetooth Improvements
Fixes random resets (never experienced myself)
Wifi always on when locked

Kids Corner doesn't seem to require a PIN anymore either! Bonus!

Posted

[quote name='scumdogmillionaire' timestamp='1355943005' post='595403792']
Sharper camera images (for the 920)
SMS Drafts
Call Rejection w/ text message
Bluetooth Improvements
Fixes random resets (never experienced myself)
Wifi always on when locked

Kids Corner doesn't seem to require a PIN anymore either! Bonus!
[/quote]

Thanks. I never experienced the reset issue either. Bluetooth and Camera improvements are always welcome. Update humming along over LTE as I type.

Posted

[s]Can anyone tell how has camera quality changed for daylight pics now ?[/s]

[url="http://www.wpcentral.com/nokia-improves-lumia-920-camera-comparison"]http://www.wpcentral...mera-comparison[/url]

[url="http://cdn.wpcentral.com/sites/wpcentral.com/files/field/image/2012/12/920%20Camera%20Fix%201.png"][img]http://cdn.wpcentral.com/sites/wpcentral.com/files/styles/large/public/field/image/2012/12/920%20Camera%20Fix%201.png[/img][/url]
[b][i]Old Firmware (L) versus New Firmware
2 people like this

Posted

update went smooth and my 920 feels the same, which is great. one thing I noticed was that Ive had my phone unplugged for 40 minutes and the battery info tells me that I'm still at 100% with brightness all the way high. Not sure if thats one of the under the hood fixes.

Posted

[quote name='Josh_LosAltosHills' timestamp='1355965687' post='595404396']
update went smooth and my 920 feels the same, which is great. one thing I noticed was that Ive had my phone unplugged for 40 minutes and the battery info tells me that I'm still at 100% with brightness all the way high. Not sure if thats one of the under the hood fixes.
[/quote]
My battery has only run out once. Starting at 85% I streamed 3.5 hours of Shaq's Comedy Jams and half a movie from Netflix over WiFI with Bluetooth stereo at 100% volume. Have not even gone below 75% any other time.

Posted

after updating, my GPS is off by a couple blocks now (Rogers, in Vancouver). Anyone else seeing this?

Posted

This is ridiculous. My Lumia semi-bricked today at work. It wouldn't respond to a soft reset so I had to do a hard reset. Thankfully I had enabled Skydrive syncing of my photos. But if I have to wait until february for the update it might become permanently bricked by then.

Posted

[quote name='bogas04' timestamp='1355944270' post='595403820']
So that's like a BIG improvement! :D :D
[/quote]

Just took first pics since update, you nailed it Bogas. The pictures are amazing. Now that's what I call a camera update. I've owned a Lumia 900 as well and for the first time I feel like the Zeiss lens "is" a big deal.

Having said that, the camera software was really bad before. This is "major" improvement. lol.

Posted

[quote name='MorganX' timestamp='1356036197' post='595405750']
Just took first pics since update, you nailed it Bogas. The pictures are amazing. Now that's what I call a camera update. I've owned a Lumia 900 as well and for the first time I feel like the Zeiss lens "is" a big deal.

Having said that, the camera software was really bad before. This is "major" improvement. lol.
[/quote]

That's what I love about Nokia , they provide software support as long as possible and as good as possible , I just received an update for my 3 year old phone for performance improvements! LOL :D

Posted

[quote][url="http://cdn.wpcentral.com/sites/wpcentral.com/files/field/image/2012/12/920%20FF%20Camera%202.png"]http://cdn.wpcentral.com/sites/wpcentral.com/files/field/image/2012/12/920%20FF%20Camera%202.png[/url][/quote]
Where'd you get the Joe Belfiore statuette?