Question

Posted

Hey All,

I just upgraded my computer and would like to sell all my old hardware, i am not a great fan of ebay though, so i wondered if there is some secret company that i dont know about who buy old computer components off people? maybe there is even a store in the UK that does it? abit like a Cex Exchange shop?

I would like to know what you guys do :)

Cheers

8 answers to this question

Posted

You can try selling it on [url=http://www.avforums.com/forums/computer-classified-adverts/]AVForums[/url].

You can also list it on [url=http://www.neowin.net/forum/forum/105-neobay-buysell-or-trade/]NeoBay[/url]. :p

Posted

I've used eBay several times to sell off old hardware. I've also asked family and friends, and I guess you could post it in newspaper ads as well.

Posted

And there are always sites like Kijiji, and Used everywhere, and Craigslist.

Posted

How old are your components?

Posted

I usually either give parts to friends as my "old" systems are usually newer than their current systems, or I'll keep the parts and turn the system into a backup/secondary computer, or I turn it into a server.

Posted

[quote name='Enron' timestamp='1355967609' post='595404462']
How old are your components?
[/quote]

Not very old, when i buy servers for clients, we always upgrade the standard drive that comes in them, so i have around 10x250GB SATA Drives that has never and will never be used just sitting here. I wouldn't mind getting a

Posted

i usually just sell my old computer to friends or something, as my "junk" is generally better than what most people buy new.

Posted

[quote name='Shikaka' timestamp='1356018388' post='595405138']
Not very old, when i buy servers for clients, we always upgrade the standard drive that comes in them, so i have around 10x250GB SATA Drives that has never and will never be used just sitting here. I wouldn't mind getting a