Possible graphics card upgrades

Answered Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sikhwarrior

sikhwarrior

Neowinian

Posted 22 December 2012 - 21:57

Hi guys i just bought a HP PAVILION SLIMLINE S 5300 and was wondering what graphics cards could i use as currently it doesn't have any. Only want a graphics card to connect this computer to a HD tv for light web browsing and playing music

Best Answer Jeston , 22 December 2012 - 22:10

Well without knowing your location and exact computer model, I'm going to go with some general statements. Most models of the computer appear to have a PCI Express x16 slot, so just about any graphics card should be fine. If you're only doing web browsing and playing music, just get something cheap like this 6570 for $50 or even this 6450 for $40.

Edit: Even this 5450 should be fine (only $17 after rebate). Just find something cheap with an HDMI port to make things as easy as possible. Go to the full post

#2 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 22 December 2012 - 22:08

Can't find the exact specs but if it has a PCI-E x16 slot, you should be able to use most modern graphics cards, and so long as you have the needed PSU / power connector

#3 Jeston

Jeston

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 22 December 2012 - 22:10   Best Answer

Well without knowing your location and exact computer model, I'm going to go with some general statements. Most models of the computer appear to have a PCI Express x16 slot, so just about any graphics card should be fine. If you're only doing web browsing and playing music, just get something cheap like this 6570 for $50 or even this 6450 for $40.

Edit: Even this 5450 should be fine (only $17 after rebate). Just find something cheap with an HDMI port to make things as easy as possible.

#4 OP sikhwarrior

sikhwarrior

Neowinian

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:20

On the side of the computer it says model s5300uk with prod# wc875aa#abu if that helps

#5 Biohead

Biohead

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:30

http://www.amazon.co...56604152&sr=8-7

Should do what you want it to and nice and cheap.

#6 Jeston

Jeston

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:34

On the side of the computer it says model s5300uk with prod# wc875aa#abu if that helps

That motherboard does have a PCI-e x16 slot, so any of the cards I mentioned in my last post would work fine.

#7 needsata

needsata

Neowinian

Posted 31 December 2012 - 23:27

Hi guys i just bought a HP PAVILION SLIMLINE S 5300 and was wondering what graphics cards could i use as currently it doesn't have any. Only want a graphics card to connect this computer to a HD tv for light web browsing and playing music

These guys are right about the power issue though, if yours is using a small low-wattage PSU . Though, if you get a relatively powerful card, with low-profile specs and which draws power directly though the PCI slot and has no additional conncector you might be fine. So just check on that before you buy.