Siri for Windows Phone

wp8 siri

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ffMathy

ffMathy

C# .NET guru

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:30

Just found this. Not sure if it runs on Windows Phone 7 too, but works like a charm on my Lumia 920. It's quite expensive, but after looking at the screenshots I decided to give it a shot.

One thing that bothers me though is that only 2 Siri-like commands are available at the moment. The meeting one, and the alarm one (which are by the way also accessible from outside the app), which renders it useless if you want to use it for tasks on your phone. That said, the general knowledge engine in it seems to work just great, and is worth the whole thing alone. I tried firing all kinds of insane scientific questions at it within the field of chemistry, physics, unit conversion and biology for school related work. This makes me suspect that it uses the same knowledge engine (Wolfram Alpha) as Siri does. You can talk to it apparently as well, as it responded to some of my general sentences or comments.

If you want to, I can add some screenshots of my queries so far.

As for speech recognition tech, I am not sure what technology is used. Might be the inbuilt Windows Phone 8 speech, or Google's speech API.

Edit
I posted this on WPCentral too, and they asked me to show it off on YouTube. So I made a short video review of it. The video is still processing though, so it might take a few hours for it to be up.

My video review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjXySc0Ks1Y&hd=1

Get the app
Store link
Posted Image

#2 OP ffMathy

ffMathy

C# .NET guru

Posted 25 December 2012 - 15:39

The video is now live. It's done processing. I couldn't edit my post for some reason though, so it still says it is processing there.

#3 +Ely

Ely

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: HTC M8 & HTC 8X

Posted 30 December 2012 - 14:24

Interesting app, thanks for the heads up, gonna give it a try.

#4 Colin McGregor

Colin McGregor

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Samsung Ativ S WP8

Posted 14 January 2013 - 00:49

Not bad but $8 for something not done yet. ill wait.

#5 OP ffMathy

ffMathy

C# .NET guru

Posted 20 January 2013 - 00:23

Huge updates arrived now. I contacted them, and they are adding more. They say that a "huuuuge humongous gigantic update (1.5.0.0)" is on the way. Exciting! I'll keep the post updated.

#6 jasonon

jasonon

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 928

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:51

ooh I like how it finds the constellation data :)