Free_Assassins Creed 3. Rip off

I bought a video card for my son for Christmas from Newegg, and it cam with a free download of Assassins Creed 3.

he downloaded it with the number provided on the card that comes with the video card. but then it asked him for CD key. None was provided and he can't play the game. he put in the code on the card and was banned form the site for 1 day.

There is no way to play the game after install.

This really sucks for a Christmas present. I really hop this can be resolved.

does anybody have any suggestions???

I already emailed Newegg customer support.

I got a free code with my EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti, and it worked just fine. Though, at first ubisofts site kept throwing up an error when I'd go to checkout, but I waited a few days and they fixed it. Got a key, installed the game, and it looks pretty darn good.

That said, there's nothing Newegg can do. You most likely forgot to check your email. There will be an order confirmation that will contain the serial number required to activate the game.

it was quite the process to get the free game. you have to enter the key on nvidia's site, which sends you another key. then you use that key to download the installer from ubisoft. that's, of course, after you do the checkout process. the checkout then emails you your confirmation which contains the game's cd key.

so you finally launch the installer, wait for it to download 15GB, then you have to install the game. finally, you have to launch uplay (hopefully you already have an acct) then try to launch the game. finally, it'll ask for the cd key.

it was quite the process to get the free game. you have to enter the key on nvidia's site, which sends you another key. then you use that key to download the installer from ubisoft. that's, of course, after you do the checkout process. the checkout then emails you your confirmation which contains the game's cd key.

so you finally launch the installer, wait for it to download 15GB, then you have to install the game. finally, you have to launch uplay (hopefully you already have an acct) then try to launch the game. finally, it'll ask for the cd key.

WOW! and people complain about Steam?

Ouch. That sounds pretty brutal.

At that point I'd rather just get a discount on the card or even a rebate instead of dealing with that mess.

Ouch. That sounds pretty brutal.

At that point I'd rather just get a discount on the card or even a rebate instead of dealing with that mess.

im not sure why it couldnt have just been a Steam code or a Uplay download code. why did i have to go through Nvidia, then Ubisoft, then download the entire game, install it, and log into uplay? imagine having to do all that w/ Origin or Steam?

im not sure why it couldnt have just been a Steam code or a Uplay download code. why did i have to go through Nvidia, then Ubisoft, then download the entire game, install it, and log into uplay? imagine having to do all that w/ Origin or Steam?

My guess is that it works a lot like regular rebates. There is some kickback for everyone that goes unredeemed and by throwing so many roadblocks along the way they can ensure a lot of people give up. The whole process is just stupid.

I just bought a 660 TI which should be coming with that next week. I'd be interested in knowing any answer too to prevent this from happening. Op, have you read the comments on that voucher on NewEgg? Seems others have had similar issues.

EDIT: Oops, helps to read the thread. Thanks Jdawg683. I'll do that.

My guess is that it works a lot like regular rebates. There is some kickback for everyone that goes unredeemed and by throwing so many roadblocks along the way they can ensure a lot of people give up. The whole process is just stupid.

I'm not sure why this one would be such a hassle. I bought a GTX 570 back in late 2011 that came with a free copy of Batman: Arkham City. It was a slip of paper in the box with a Steam code. Super simple to redeem.

To the OP: you're not likely to have any luck with Newegg as far as support for the game since they don't have anything to do with that part of the transaction.

You'll likely have to contact whoever provided the code, whether that be the card manufacturer or the download service.