NBC Officially Passes on Mockingbird Lane

Mockingbird Lane proved to be a dead end.

NBC has decided not to order to series the reboot of The Munsters, which had been shepherded by Bryan Fuller (Pushing Daisies).

?I tweet with a heavy heart,? Fuller said on Thursday. ?NBC not moving forward with #MockingbirdLane. From producers and cast, thank you all for enthusiasm and support.

The Mockingbird Lane pilot ? which NBC aired as a pre-Halloween special ? drew 5.4 million total viewers and a 1.5 rating, giving the network its best demo in the Fridays-at-8 time slot in two years. After its debut, TVLine readers gave the sneak peek an average grade of ?B+? in our poll.

The modernized Munster family featured The Defenders? Jerry O?Connell as Frankenstein-ish Herman, Arrested Development?s Portia de Rossi as his vampire wife Lily, Spy Kids: All The Time in the World 4D?s Mason Cook as their budding werewolf son Eddie, British actress Charity Wakefield as cousin Marilyn (aka the normal one) and The Riches? Eddie Izzard as the ravenous Grandpa.

http://tvline.com/2012/12/27/mockingbird-lane-nbc-no-series-order/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Sliders season 1-3 was better then this jerry should be happy mockbird did not get picked up. No how about we get a proper Slider with original cast 2 hr movie giving the show real closure

Sliders season 1-3 was better then this jerry should be happy mockbird did not get picked up. No how about we get a proper Slider with original cast 2 hr movie giving the show real closure

Wow! I haven't heard of Sliders in years, used to be addicted to that back in the day!

Yeah, I thought it was actually pretty good overall. Nothing compared to the original, but nothing these days does that when emulating a previous incarnation. Regardless, Eddie Izzard hit it out of the park as Grandpa I thought, and Q-ball was pretty good as Herman Munster also.

Yes, I said Q-ball. SLIDERS RULED! Hey FOX, how about giving us a real damn ending to Sliders after all this time huh? And yes, with the original cast as well. The final 2 seasons were just a dream right? Or maybe they were just another dimension where FOX and Sci-Fi ruined the show? :(