Photo

Cursor stuck in corner

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Angel Blue01

Angel Blue01

Neowinian/Star Wars freak

Posted 04 January 2013 - 17:02

Yesterday I cleaned my Logitech Trackman Wheel (trackball) mouse as it was getting quite dirty. I turned off the computer and unplugged the mouse. I used a rag (piece of an old t-shirt) and rubbing alcohol to carefully rub the outside. I removed the ball and cleaned inside and the ball itself.

I let it all dry for 20 minutes and plugged the mouse back in. When I got got back into Windows my cursor was missing! I moved the mouse around and there was no trace of the cursor. Using the keyboard I opened up Mouse in Control Panel, sure enough Windows saw the device plugged in and in use. After a little playing with the mouse I noticed that the cursor hadn't "disappeared", but stuck in the lower lefthand corner below the taskbar, over the Start button, which was displaying the "hover" state.

I plugged it in to another computer and got the same result: the cursor is invisible, but stuck in the lefthand corner.

I bought this mouse on E-bay about a year ago as Logitech stopped making them a couple of years ago at a great price. It's been the best pointing device I've ever used. Logitech has a replacement model, a wireless device, but I would rather not buy a replace it if I can avoid it.

Is there any way I can repair this mouse?

Thanks for your help.

#2 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 05 January 2013 - 15:45

Do you not have a spare mouse lying around you could plug in to see if the mouse is the problem?

As you've suggested it had the same results on another machine, I could only assume the mouse is the problem.

#3 helpifIcan

helpifIcan

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 05 January 2013 - 16:36

Just an FYI my MS trackball died a few months ago and I did get the Logitech wireless trackbal and like it almost as much. Took a few days for my mind and fingers get use to it as it was a little smaller than the MS TB. Kind of nice to have to not deal with a cable I'm considering getting the matching keyboard, they both work off the same USB dongle, nice.