2 Same films, go head to head this year!

Just browsing what films come out this year and found 2 that have pretty much same storyline. Hollywood gone crazy again?

Sorry, i copied it from wiki (info on films)

First one is called

White House Down is a 2013 American thriller film directed by Roland Emmerich and starring Channing Tatum. The film will be released on June 28, 2013.

Channing Tatum stars as a United States Secret Service agent who must rescue the President of the United States (Jamie Foxx) from a paramilitary group that has taken over the White House

Second one is called

Olympus Has Fallen is an upcoming American thriller film directed by Antoine Fuqua and starring Gerard Butler. The film is scheduled to be released in theaters on March 22, 2013.

Gerard Butler stars as a United States Secret Service agent who must stop Korean terrorists from taking over the White House and holding the President of the United States hostage.

Nothing new here, maybe a bit more similar than before. but it's happened every year several times a year. Armageddon and that other meteor movie who's only saving grace was seeing Paris destroyed :p The two volcano movies the crappy one and the more fantasy fiction one with the volcano in LA or something.

in fact this year there's also not one, but THREE Hansel and Gretel movies, last year there was two Snow White movies...

Hmm... Channing Tatum and Jamie Foxx vs Gerard Butler and Morgan Freeman? I'm going to go ahead and call this right now, Olympus has Fallen is going to be the "good" one.

Nothing new here, maybe a bit more similar than before. but it's happened every year several times a year. Armageddon and that other meteor movie who's only saving grace was seeing Paris destroyed :p The two volcano movies the crappy one and the more fantasy fiction one with the volcano in LA or something.

in fact this year there's also not one, but THREE Hansel and Gretel movies, last year there was two Snow White movies...

Oo, oo, I love this game!

• Armageddon and Deep Impact
  • Dantes Peak and Volcano
  • Finding Nemo and Shark Tale
  • Cars and Robots

• Like 2

• Cars and Robots

The illusionist and the prestige

• Like 2

• Cars and Robots

I sense a megathread coming :rofl:

• Like 3

Any movies I've seen that were basically the same, and at least 2 were mentioned here, one is always the "Hollywood blockbuster" and the other is the "made for tv" version.

The "made for tv" versions are usually fairly low budget, and don't have popular movie stars in them.

Don't forget Transformers and Transmorphers. haha

I don't think that one works. IIRC, Transmorphers was more like Terminator than Transformers. Then again, it's been a while since I watched it.

P.S. The Asylum movies are awesome-ly crap.

The illusionist and the prestige

Those 2 films threw me for ages until I figured out they where 2 separate movies. :laugh:

• Like 1

White House Down

Olympus Has Fallen

Jack bauers already dealt with this is S7 of 24, don't see either of these films topping the work done there. Tatum, butler, lulz.

• Like 1