Top 5 Over Price Services or Products

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 6,085 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 18:07

The problem with Photoshop is that it is a professional tool, Adobe should have marketed a lower consumer version, i know they have Photoshop Express / Elements, but this was marketed later and even in the name it sounds cut down and not as enticing for consumers even though elements does the job for 99% of what a consumer would want to do. I know this sounds like it has nothing to do with the above paragraph, however if Adobe had marketed a consumer version better then it wouldn't have been pirated as much.

Elements software are still overpriced. Photoshop + Premier element combo is 150$ (120$ upgrade).

For consumer products it's expensive.

I'd rather use Gimp and Lightworks for free than Photoshop Elements and Premier Elements. It's not like Elements software are better than free alternative anyway.

#17 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• 6,817 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 07 January 2013 - 18:41

Hint: If you have head phone's on and people around you can hear clearly... it's too loud.

or you just have crappy headphones that leak sound like a mofo *cough*apples old ear buds*cough*

#18 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,291 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 18:42

All of those with the exception of adobe software can be had on the cheap.

#19 Riggers

Riggers

Neowinian

• 1,084 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 19:13

Milk from the Milkman :p 63p a pint when you can get a 4 pint carton thingy for a quid!

#20 perochan

perochan

♫ d(-_-)b ♫

• 4,566 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 19:20

very agreed on #1.
for the price we pay in california for cell phone monthly service plan, it is very slow compared to the rest of the world.
i missed my unlimited data plan :(

#21 tim_s

tim_s

• 376 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 07 January 2013 - 19:51

Mad is hard to relate at - being that over-priced services generally do not get my buy in.

Cell Phones

Not the signing of the contract but months down the road when you live and breath off the cell phone but it breaks and you find out the replacement policy is not what you expected nor does the company want to assist.

Unexpected Car repair

Seems small - you do not have time to do it yourself and now you are ransomed for your car back.

#22 Snoopy2005uk

Snoopy2005uk

Neowinian

• 364 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:36

Petrol/diesel. The most over priced thing in the world.

#23 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

• 6,731 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S/Nexus 5

Posted 08 January 2013 - 13:16

Petrol/diesel. The most over priced thing in the world.

psht, ink cartridges win on this. Per the amount you get, petrol/diesel is much cheaper. Also, there are alternatives to getting around :p

#24 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• 15,177 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 13:24

Was looking for specific quality head phone's with out the celebrity Tax :)
Hint: If you have head phone's on and people around you can hear clearly... it's too loud.

Etymotic!

or you just have crappy headphones that leak sound like a mofo *cough*apples old ear buds*cough*

Wait, apple earphones aren't good? I never knew :p /sarcasm

psht, ink cartridges win on this. Per the amount you get, petrol/diesel is much cheaper. Also, there are alternatives to getting around :p

Well, you don't need to print, there's always pens, pencils and if all else fails a piece of charcoal and a wall how are ancestors did it!

#25 xWhiplash

xWhiplash

Neowinian Senior

• 1,662 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 13:32

I very much disagree with the Adobe products being overpriced. Just because something is priced more and is more advanced than what you need, does not mean it is overpriced.

That logic can be made and anything is overpriced for anybody.

Take 3DS Studio MAX for example. I would only use it for making a few models for video games I release on my free time and at no charge. TO ME it is an overpriced software for what I need it for. However, for large studios and games like Crysis. A $3,000+ software is not overpriced at all.

So if all you need to do is open up and crop images, rotate, or whatever. PAINT.NET and GIMP are more suited for you. For what Photoshop (and others) can do, I think the Adobe suite is very much priced right.

Oh and the same thing can be applied to what somebody mentioned before: Apple products. Really any products. If all you need is a $300 computer, that does not make Apple products overpriced. Buying pre-built will always be more expensive than doing it yourself, but I think they are priced just right as well.