I can't seem to figure out the problem, after much testing and configuring - I'm beginning to think it's this individual card that is broken or just doesn't go well at all with my build.
My problem is: After approx. 10-15 min of playing a game my computer freezes and crashes. The sound is stuttering and screen is black. I have tested three games, Guild Wars 2, Far Cry 3 and Minecraft. I do not experience the problem on minecraft, I'm figuring it escapes the problem since it uses Open GL and not DirectX, could be wrong though.
Everything worked fine on my old graphics card.
What I have tried:
- I have tried to change to a better power supply (to the one I'm currently using in the list)
- I have tried to under-clock my GPU
- I have tried to lowering the fan-speed and power usage of the GPU
- I have tried to install the beta catalyst drivers (12.11)
- I have tried to make a clean driver install following this guide.
- The temperature of the card is never exceeding 56 degrees celsius.
- I only experience a crash when playing a game with DirectX, like guild wars 2 of Far Cry 3.
My old graphics card was a Sapphire Radeon HD 5670, 1GB.
My new graphics card is a Sapphire Radeon HD 7850, 2GB.
My current computer specs is:
- CPU Intel Core i3-540 3.06Ghz Dual-Core Processor
- Motherboard Asus P7P55 LX ATX LGA1156 Motherboard
- Memory Corsair 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory
- Memory Kingston 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 Memory
- Video Card Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card
- Power Supply Plexgear PS-500 (This is a Swedish manufacturer, the link is google-translated)
- Operating System Microsoft Windows 8 Professional (OEM) (64-bit)