'Top Gear' series 19 start date confirmed for January 27th

Top Gear will return for its 19th series at the end of January, it has been confirmed.

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May will be back for another run of the factual entertainment series on Sunday, January 27 at 9pm on BBC Two, the official Top Gear magazine announced.

The show will open with a long-awaited Christmas special. Series 19 will follow immediately afterwards.

Features expected in the new series include a road trip across the US in the new SRT Viper, a Lexus LFA and an Aston Martin Vanquish, a race from Wembley to Milan to watch a football match, and James May rallying in a Bentley Continental GT, driven by ex-Mini WRC driver Kris Meeke.

There will also apparently be an Africa special where Clarkson, Hammond and May buy a station wagon and have to drive to the source of the Nile.

Last year, the presenters were reported to have signed up for at least three more series of the BBC car show.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a449467/top-gear-series-19-start-date-confirmed-for-january.html

• 2 months later...

Which summer though? Summer 2014? :laugh:

I know the show is expensive to make but BBC must rake it in from the tours and merchandise. Plus it does pretty well ratings wise.

I don't know why BBC don't do more of them or one series with more episodes in.

Anyway i enjoyed the two part special. While they did have the silly parts which were scripted.

A lot of the trip did seem less scripted than some of the others.

Which summer though? Summer 2014? :laugh:

I know the show is expensive to make but BBC must rake it in from the tours and merchandise. Plus it does pretty well ratings wise.

I don't know why BBC don't do more of them or one series with more episodes in.

I suspect the problem is down to logistics, timing, the amount of editing required and so forth.. I mean how much planning do you think must go into something like the two part special they did? They do a road trip of some sorts most seasons.. cars to ship from UK to Africa, logistics of all the crew, visas, locations, spares, support vehicles, etc etc....

Then for the normal episodes, securing cars to test from the car manufacturers (especially if they want to do a group test and get several cars together), script writing (it's really not as ad-libbed as it looks I don't think) - there's a lot to do so it's no wonder they only do 6 shows every 6 months!

• Like 2

awesome! hope they'll invite vettel again . can't wait to see him beating hamilton for the 2nd time in a row :woot: