So I installed it and some extras...
1) I can't logout or shutdown, clicking the icons for either closes the menu but nothing happens or pops up. Tried running cinnamon directly from a console but no errors are printed to stdout about it, any idea on that one?
2) The background and desktop keep vanishing randomly, sometimes for no reason at all, other times like just now when I tried muting that ****ing wet drip terminal sound (after deleting the files and still hearing it) and it opened gnome settings NOT cinnamin settings. Nautilius is NOT installed so the problem on the arch linux wiki page doesn't apply.
3) How do you integrate gnome-screensaver with cinnamon? Its also acting like #1 even though it is installed correctly.
4) Nemo is broken, for example, the interface looks horrid like it's missing some theme files and I can't get the damn location bar to appear via the menu or using ctrl+l, it does nothing and doesn't come up! Nautilius is NOT installed so the problem on the arch linux wiki page doesn't apply.
5) My inputs are all american, I've set everything to use UK via locale, vconsole, adding setxkb in /etc/profile and even using the gnome settings - it still won't change in cinnamon!
(I've also got fluxbox installed, if I load up fluxbox then I can exit from fluxbox fine, keyboard layout is completely UK english, etc)
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated... I'm really surprised how good cinnamon was on my laptop... To how much a waste of time it was even installing it on my desktop
Completely ignore this all, whoever edited the wiki and PKGBUILD need to have their heads smashed together, wiki page says it includes gnome-menus2 as a dependancy by itself - it doesn't. It's got gnome-menus3 as a dependancy, planks!
OK one problem, well, two...
Firstly how the heck do you change the window title colours or themes? Having the whole window and menu one colour is awful.
And how do you make the system recognise the bottom panel if you've got a top and bottom panel, firefox correctly doesn't place itself over the top one but it goes off the bottom with the bottom panel over it so I can't see the status bar
And final question, how does one get rid of american english? I added the workspace switcher applet and in the top right corner the language applet just appeared and it's allowing me to select between UK english and US english - I go to region settings and there is no US english shown on any of the tabs - I don't want bloody US english damnit.
Edited by n_K, 09 January 2013 - 13:14.