new console question

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 +metal_dragen

metal_dragen

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:06

the topic said new console question. in the old days of the caring neowin where we were actually active you'd click on the thread, read the post, and answer.

All well and good if the person reading the question knows the answer.

you wouldn't look at the thread, think "oh i'm so high and mighty and president of the universe so my busy schedule won't allow me to actually try and find out what this is about", then go into the thread only to complain about how vague the topic was.

Which people only did after you chastised the 51 people who viewed the topic and didn't reply (probably because they didn't know the answer or wanted to know what the actual question was since your topic/thread title is as vague as you can get).

neowin is dead, and again, it's people like me that are responsible. i can't be bothered to come here anymore, lost all motivation to do so. and this obnoxious attitude from some members doesn't help. uni's topic and question were completely valid.

You know, it works both ways. You need to post informative thread titles. You need to be patient. You need to accept that there are tens of thousands of users to these forums and not all of them are going to know the answer to your question. Hell, you're a member and didn't know the answer. You ever stop to consider that there are others like you around here?

And that both ways thing - it's generally considered polite and good forum etiquette to post the answer to the question if you figured it out yourself so future members can find an answer easily by searching (which is also a great reason to use a meaningful thread title).

#17 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:28

it wasn't my question metal dragon, it was the OP's. and panacea, just be quiet. you been here four years longer than me but your post count is half. I guess you'll say each one was a gem of wisdom while mine are whining fluff. anyway, my point is that there was very little patience towards the OP. Etiquette? What is this, congress? He didn't use offensive language and didn't do anything wrong. Could have posted updates or showed more concern, but beyond that there was no call to jump down his throat like that.

#18 Jlobb2

Jlobb2

Neowinian

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:50

Dont forget to transfer your licenses to the new console.

From Microsoft...

If your console was recently repaired or if you’ve purchased a new console, use the license transfer option on your console to transfer content licenses. Here’s how:
  • On your console, sign in to Xbox LIVE using the gamertag that you used to purchase the content.
  • Go to Settings and select Account.
  • Go to Your Billing Options and select License Transfer.
  • Follow the instructions to transfer the content licenses.
After the licenses are transferred, you need to download the content again to update the local licenses. Then the content can be used by other profiles on your console and when you’re not connected to Xbox LIVE.