att

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
95 replies to this topic

#46 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• 11,498 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 15:02

What I don't understand is this: If you dislike them so much and distrust them and their practices, why are you still with them? I would jump ship if I was unhappy with a service.

#47 vetSpyder

Spyder

Neowinian Senior

• 14,840 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 15:16

#48 OP Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• 6,520 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 2

Posted 10 January 2013 - 15:23

What I don't understand is this: If you dislike them so much and distrust them and their practices, why are you still with them? I would jump ship if I was unhappy with a service.

Because unfortunately they are the only ones that offer the ability to surf and talk at the same time plus I still have the unlimited data plan from 4 years ago. If any other carrier gave me all of that for what I pay, I would jump ship in a heartbeat.

#49 brn

brn

Neowinian

• 71 posts
  • Phone: HTC Aria

Posted 10 January 2013 - 15:36

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Never had any problems with ATT personally. I'm pretty sure CyanogenMod has options to disable roaming if you're paranoid about fees. Not the best solution but something to consider if you can't switch.

#50 OP Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• 6,520 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 15:52

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Never had any problems with ATT personally. I'm pretty sure CyanogenMod has options to disable roaming if you're paranoid about fees. Not the best solution but something to consider if you can't switch.

They have over charged me for services I never requested in the past and that is why I am "paranoid" with them. Like I said previously, most every app that comes with your Android phone is free to use. Well, AT&T phones have a GPS app called AT&T Navigator and if you click on it, they will immediately start charging you $10.00 a month to use it. No warning, no nothing. When you get your bill then you will see it there. I know because it happened to me.

They also added insurance, without my consent, to 2 other regular phone lines I don't even use. I used them to get upgrades to new phones and even though they have a number, they are not being used, but they still added insurance on them without my authorization, so yes I have a reason to get pretty upset about their practices.

#51 ahhell

ahhell

Neowinian Senior

• 8,896 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 16:00

They have over charged me for services I never requested in the past and that is why I am "paranoid" with them. Like I said previously, most every app that comes with your Android phone is free to use. Well, AT&T phones have a GPS app called AT&T Navigator and if you click on it, they will immediately start charging you $10.00 a month to use it. No warning, no nothing. When you get your bill then you will see it there. I know because it happened to me.

They also added insurance, without my consent, to 2 other regular phone lines I don't even use. I used them to get upgrades to new phones and even though they have a number, they are not being used, but they still added insurance on them without my authorization, so yes I have a reason to get pretty upset about their practices.

So you've been ****ed over by them in the past yet you stick with them.
Makes sense.

:s

#52 OP Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• 6,520 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 16:02

So you've been ****ed over by them in the past yet you stick with them.
Makes sense.

:s

Dude, what part of I HAVE UNLIMITED DATA, UNLIMITED EVERYTHING SINCE 2006 did you not understand?

NOBODY offers true unlimited data anymore. If I jump ship, I will loose my unlimited everything plan. Sprint has unlimited everything but it sucks. I only pay $65.00 a month....Hello!!!!!

#53 ahhell

ahhell

Neowinian Senior

• 8,896 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 16:09

Dude, what part of I HAVE UNLIMITED DATA, UNLIMITED EVERYTHING SINCE 2006 did you not understand?

NOBODY offers true unlimited data anymore. If I jump ship, I will loose my unlimited everything plan. Sprint has unlimited everything but it sucks. I only pay $65.00 a month....Hello!!!!!

So then stop complaining about AT&T's service.
Vote with your wallet...not your mouth.

#54 Ice_Blue

Ice_Blue

Neowinian

• 1,303 posts
  • Phone: Nokia N8 Belle

Posted 10 January 2013 - 16:09

Well, then. What are you mumbling and grumbling about?
Suck it up, or dump them. Either way, it'll stop the whining.

edit: ahhell beat me to it.

#55 OP Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• 6,520 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 16:36

This forum is full of immature people who can't have an adult conversation without acting like idiots and hating everyone that posts a concern or complain about something.

What a shame. This forum used to be a nice place.

#56 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 16:37

I went to Jack in the Box for lunch and got a salad. They gave me ranch dressing in a seperate container, but I didn't even ask for it. So I threw it on the ground!!!!!

Exactly what I was getting at :p

#57 hckngrtfakt

hckngrtfakt

GFX n00b

• 143 posts
  • Phone: iPhone

Posted 10 January 2013 - 16:42

This forum is full of immature people who can't have an adult conversation without acting like idiots and hating everyone that posts a concern or complain about something.

What a shame. This forum used to be a nice place.

says the person who told everyone ....

You all can kiss my behind.

Posted Image

and FYI

http://miami.cbsloca...unlimited-plan/

#58 Biohead

Biohead

Neowinian

• 647 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 10 January 2013 - 16:52

Although I think it's silly for complaining about the addition of a free service... I can see where you're coming from. What if it wasn't free, and infact a paid addon?

And to the comment that they can skim a SIM card and clone it.... lolwut? Modern sim cards can't actually be cloned, and even if they can be - that is precisely what is being made - a CLONE. If OP does have phone stolen, and it is indeed sent out the country - within that time SURELY OP would have contacted AT&T who would immediately terminate his old SIM card and sent out a nice new one for him, thereby rendering the cloned card inoperable too.

Obviously he'd have to buy a new phone, but are you actually telling me American Telco's are unable to do anything if you have your phone pinched? You have to pay the remainder of your contract's term off whilst someone uses your sim? I've heard horror stories of American Telcos, but somehow I don't believe they're that bad.

#59 OP Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• 6,520 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 17:03

says the person who told everyone ....

Posted Image

That's what you get for being an idiot in the first place. If you are polite and nice, you will get a nice and polite response back. You guys started it, not me.

#60 Power Nova

Power Nova

Neowinian

• 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 17:14

That's what you get for being an idiot in the first place. If you are polite and nice, you will get a nice and polite response back. You guys started it, not me.

You are an imbecile of epic proportions.

As a customer service representative I would have loved to talked to you when you called AT&T to treat you like the scumbag you are.

The thread and all of your posts in it scream of your ignorance.