Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

29 posts in this topic

Posted

With all of the attention on The Elder Scrolls, thanks to the sterling performance of Skyrimand its DLC, Bethesda

Posted

Think it was more a when than an if, can't wait to see what it looks like with Skyrim engine, hopefully it will be more than just a flat desert, pretty sure you will still get rain, snow, etc.... after an apocalypse.

Probably hear something at E3.

Posted

I'd welcome a Fallout 4, just no MMO, I like the single player aspect of the games.
1 person likes this

Posted

[quote name='JaredFrost' timestamp='1357806528' post='595444328']
I'd welcome a Fallout 4, just no MMO, I like the single player aspect of the games.
[/quote]

Me too. The elder scrolls is just going to be an a-typical mmorpg without the single player features that made the game fun and different. I doubt anyone can replicate the success of Blizzard now as very few ideas have added that sets other titles apart.

Just hope they don't go bankrupt over it and learn their lesson. Although I have a feeling they are doing this also for the next-gen consoles so they may be pinning their hopes on that more than the PC market.

Posted

I hope that the opening scene is three dog getting shot with a mini nuke, and his remaining body parts falling down into a subway filled with glowing ones.
2 people like this

Posted

I really, really hope there's going to be a Fallout 4 (with a different engine!).

Posted

If it does, I will be so happy! LOL.

Posted

God I hope so, I'm hanging out for post apocalyptic dystopian rpg!!

Posted

I absolutely adored Fallout3, it's a great game. I didn't get on as well with New Vega's it just didn't have the same feel / soul as Fallout3, i was massively addicted to that game.

Cant wait for a Fallout 4 on the skyrim engine.

Posted

I think it'll just be Skyrim DLC

Posted

Hope its better than New Vegas, if true. Fall Out 3 was very fun but I wasnt really feeling Vegas. Those games tend to be long and because of this, needs to keep the players attention. For me, Vegas just didnt bring enough new things to the table. Plus, it was buggy as hell when it came out.

Posted

Engine. Engine never changes. It gets mostly rewritten, twice, has its name changed, but never changes itself. A bit like IW at that...
1 person likes this

Posted

[quote name='JaredFrost' timestamp='1357806528' post='595444328']
[/quote]agreed, plus part of what made 3 & new vegas so fun was their modability

new vegas just wouldn't be the same without mods like Project Nevada and A World Of Pain and a few others
1 person likes this

Posted

I don't care what anyone says I LOVE fallout. Its the only game I can think of that makes me have character feeling. When I play fallout I actually feel alone and on my own.

If I can change something though it would be more of a feeling of accomplishment. I would like to do something like fix power and when you go to the towns they have lights or you fix water etc... not just in the ending credit video. actually have it happen in game for me to see.

Posted

[list]
[*][quote][color=#333333]Some possible details have popped up online in regards to the upcoming rumored video game,

Posted

[quote name='The_Decryptor' timestamp='1357811778' post='595444434']
I hope that the opening scene is three dog getting shot with a mini nuke, and his remaining body parts falling down into a subway filled with glowing ones.
[/quote]

At least I'm not the only one who thought he was annoying.

Posted

That's unfortunate, the experience system is what I liked the least about Skyrim, in fact I would say it sucks.

Posted

[quote name='Just Sal' timestamp='1358057681' post='595450832']
At least I'm not the only one who thought he was annoying.
[/quote]
The music on the station was fine, but man was he annoying. I never did use the radio much, but when I did I think it was either the Enclave one or Agatha's radio.
1 person likes this

Posted

I hope they put longer shows on the radio. Considering how many hours a game like fallout soaks up, you'd think they'd have longer radio shows.

Posted

Yes, Chatterbox FM style. Where a guy calls in and talks about cooking possums. And pidgeons - like fortune cookies with wings. Squirrels... are not so good, they taste like goldfish.
1 person likes this

Posted

[quote name='The_Decryptor' timestamp='1358070018' post='595450952']
The music on the station was fine, but man was he annoying. I never did use the radio much, but when I did I think it was either the Enclave one or Agatha's radio.
[/quote]

Exactly. I loved the game. But he annoys me so bad, that now I blast him after I finish the quest. Then you get that old lady on there, but if you visit the station, there's no one but the BoS there. LMAO!

Posted

[quote name='compl3x' timestamp='1358056622' post='595450818'][list]
[*]Bethesda has no plans to reinvent the leveling up system to make it more like Skyrim and want to make Fallout 4 more distinct from Skyrim since of the complaints that Oblivion and Fallout 3 were too similar. Bethesda is thinking about introducing a system, similar to Skyrim, where your skills can level up if you perform certain tasks.
[/list]
[indent=1][url="http://www.examiner.com/article/fallout-4-rumored-details-feature-changes-compared-to-fallout-3-and-skyrim"]http://www.examiner....ut-3-and-skyrim[/url][/indent]
[/quote]

Uh, I don't understand what the hell that means. They don't want to reinvent the system to a more Skyrim-like system but...they are thinking of putting in a system similar to Skyrim? :s

Posted

[quote name='mattmatik' timestamp='1358115540' post='595452032']
Uh, I don't understand what the hell that means. They don't want to reinvent the system to a more Skyrim-like system but...they are thinking of putting in a system similar to Skyrim? :s
[/quote]

I think they meant the actual levelling system (character level) wont be like skyrim however the weapon and skill levelling might be similar to skyrim (use it to level it)

Posted

I'd much prefer a levelling system like Oblivion/Skyrim (where using a skill makes you more proficient at it, rather than having to put points into it). There's a bunch of skills that I've just never thought my character would need, just to find out that at late game stages are actually kinda useful (And then I have to grind enough levels to put points into them, throwing everything else off), but I can imagine that setup annoying diehard fans (It simply being made by Bethesda annoys those fans anyway, so meh)

Posted

It would make a lot of sense to push the new game after the release of the next gen consoles. Expect it to be out holiday 2014?