• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

• 10,766 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 18:02

Again, GLOBAL... GEE... ELLL... OOHH... BEE... AYY...ELLL

To say MS was a newcomer though is forgetting how much clout they had as a good operating system and programmer of software. They not only had one of the biggest and richest companies, but they had a good rapport with a lot of gaming companies due to DirectX.

If any company needs to learn something, it's Nintendo. They are just holding onto the past it seems.

And despite all that clout, everyone thought the original Xbox was going to be DOA. They've just been doing things right, and for some reason people think because Sony's ahead by a small amount that they've done something wrong all of a sudden.

#17 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 18:15

And despite all that clout, everyone thought the original Xbox was going to be DOA. They've just been doing things right, and for some reason people think because Sony's ahead by a small amount that they've done something wrong all of a sudden.

The original Xbox wasn't that great though. It had a small library compared to the other systems, and was mostly used, at least by a majority, to mod. The games for the original Xbox, had more duds than great, and only a select handful of games on it really were good.
Hell, the console itself was only out for about 4-6 years before MS totally dropped support for it in all regions. That is not what a successful console does :p

I haven't seen anyone say that MS has done something wrong. I see a lot of people though trying to discredit the japanese market in sales.

#18 Colin McGregor

Colin McGregor

Neowinian Senior

• 1,704 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Ativ S WP8

Posted 13 January 2013 - 19:33

PS3 is trumping 360 in Europe and Asia - the 360 is only outselling the PS3 for the last 2 years in the US. Microsoft needs to learn the console business is a worldwide thing, dominating one continent simply isn't enough if they're losing or being thoroughly destroyed in the rest.

the Asian market has nothing to do with MS's marketing. Its the fact that over there people will buy a turd in a box if it had sony on it.

And sony isn't trumping anything. Theres 3 markets and Sony dominates 2 of the 3 yet the increase is so small. Figure that out.

#19 Emn1ty

Emn1ty

Web Programmer

• 2,736 posts
  • Phone: Driod Razr

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:57

I haven't seen anyone say that MS has done something wrong. I see a lot of people though trying to discredit the japanese market in sales.

That's probably because the Japanese market almost exclusively buys Japanese. Counting that as even an area of competition is somewhat pointless. Comparing totals from EU and US is much more representative of the actual picture than including Japan.

#20 Yogurtmaster

Yogurtmaster

Neowinian

• 1,225 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:50

That is rather embarrassing considering that Microsoft had 1 year lead on Sony.

Not embarrassing at all considering this is not factual. Don't take my word for it.

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=507950

IDC information is very incorrect. I wouldn't use any information from the IDC as fact.

#21 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 16,884 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 14 January 2013 - 13:46

Not embarrassing at all considering this is not factual. Don't take my word for it.

IDC information is very incorrect. I wouldn't use any information from the IDC as fact.

Okay yeah, some kid on Neogaf who has way to much time on their hands is the factual source. :rolleyes:
And I am well aware a lot of stories originate from Neogaf, etc., that does not make some kid who is breaking down the numbers a factual source.
Is this kid perhaps right? Yeah sure, but I sure the hell am not going to rely on him, or anyone else, as the factual source.
For you to say otherwise just shows how unreliable anything you say actually is.

#22 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 14:50

That's probably because the Japanese market almost exclusively buys Japanese. Counting that as even an area of competition is somewhat pointless. Comparing totals from EU and US is much more representative of the actual picture than including Japan.

Actually, America tends to buy more things that are made in America too. See how that works. Stop trying to pass off things just because you don't agree with it.

#23 Emn1ty

Emn1ty

Web Programmer

• 2,736 posts
  • Phone: Driod Razr

Posted 14 January 2013 - 17:13

Actually, America tends to buy more things that are made in America too. See how that works. Stop trying to pass off things just because you don't agree with it.

If that were true IKEA wouldn't be doing so well here. Japanese consumers have an active distaste for things not Japanese. Americans don't care, in fact most of what we consume isn't even made here anymore. Your comparison isn't an accurate one.

#24 Yogurtmaster

Yogurtmaster

Neowinian

• 1,225 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:06

Okay yeah, some kid on Neogaf who has way to much time on their hands is the factual source. :rolleyes:
And I am well aware a lot of stories originate from Neogaf, etc., that does not make some kid who is breaking down the numbers a factual source.
Is this kid perhaps right? Yeah sure, but I sure the hell am not going to rely on him, or anyone else, as the factual source.
For you to say otherwise just shows how unreliable anything you say actually is.

I just posted to that thread to make a point. If Sony did outsell xbox it would be a miracle. Xbox sold more than double of the PS3 in december in America alone.

Sony is behind the Xbox before December and in December 2012 Xbox 360 sold 1 million 400 thousand compared to 625 thousand PS3.
Go do the math and follow through and you will see that the IDC's PREDICTIONS does not add up.

Math is universal, predictions are not math.

#25 MindTrickz

MindTrickz

That's no way to treat a lady!

• 1,285 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 18:20

You can not be serious. Did you just seriously link to a forum post; in an attempt to discredit a report? Not only do you not have anything near substantial to discredit; but you pass it off as a fact.

#26 Yogurtmaster

Yogurtmaster

Neowinian

• 1,225 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 00:04

You can not be serious. Did you just seriously link to a forum post; in an attempt to discredit a report? Not only do you not have anything near substantial to discredit; but you pass it off as a fact.

Because math is not better than predictions. The IDC is using predictive numbers that are not true, math adds up predictions don't have to add up.

Math >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Predictions

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!