'Vampire Diaries' spinoff in the works at The CW

A Vampire Diaries spinoff is in the works at The CW.

Joseph Morgan and Phoebe Tonkin will star in a 'backdoor pilot' for the potential new series, according to Deadline.

The 'pilot' is to take the form of an upcoming episode of The Vampire Diaries airing on April 25 in the US.

The planned series would be called The Originals, and would follow the Original family of vampires, seeing Klaus (Morgan) return to the French Quarter of New Orleans, a town he helped to build centuries earlier.

Klaus will reunite with former prot?g? Marcel when he gets there, with Tonkin appearing in her werewolf role of Hayley.

Vampire Diaries exec Julie Plec is writing the pilot episode, and will also executive produce alongside Alloy Entertainment, Warner Bros TV and CBS TV Studios.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s62/vampire-diaries/news/a450481/vampire-diaries-spinoff-in-the-works-at-the-cw.html

phoebe tonklin is hot..... this sounds cool. my wife started watching it a few months ago and thought that it was lame and vowed never to watch it.....uh um...well my wife was watching it and i actually liked it. it is so not Twilight. It a good show.