Photo

AMD's Vishera 8350 outclasses Intel's Core i7

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Motoko.

Motoko.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 14 January 2013 - 20:43

A lot of paid reviewers favor the Intel chip compared to AMD's latest offering but this dude right here is gonna break down what's what with Piledriver

#2 ahhell

ahhell

Neowinian Senior

Posted 14 January 2013 - 20:52

"A lot of paid reviewers favor the Intel chip compared to AMD's latest offering"

:rolleyes:

#3 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 14 January 2013 - 20:56

It's a conspiracy

#4 tim_s

tim_s

• Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 14 January 2013 - 21:00

The wife bought the pile driver - she likes it. Needed to replace the stock cooler but other than that - zero complaints. Games on it quite frequently - I will see if she will bench it against my i7 and see what happens with Crysis 2.

#5 Andre S.

Andre S.

Asik

• Tech Issues Solved: 11

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:52

It's not even worth discussing this review. All the independent reviewers including the most knowledgeable (AnandTech, Tech Report, etc) have repeatedly and uniformly demonstrated that Ivy Bridge just trounces Vishera in games, as well as any application where single-threaded performance matters. Heck, Vishera fails to beat the ancient Phenom II in many tests. It's not necessarily a bad value, but trying to claim that it's faster than the i5 3570K in games will take a lot more convincing than that.

#6 +TruckWEB

TruckWEB

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:53

If all those "paid" Website really pushed down AMD to make Intel shine brighter, I think AMD would have done something about it.

So, is AMD being stupid for not doing anything or is it a fact that Intel i5 is (quite) faster, that is the question.... But I think I'm going to keep on reading AnandTech or TomsHardware for my CPU info...

#7 Kamran Mackey

Kamran Mackey

Apple Fanatic

• Phone: iPhone 6 Plus

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:55

AMD is pretty awesome. But Intel is the best. All processors Intel makes now are fast, and stable. I'm a person who has a Celeron processor in my laptop, yet it should have a i3 at least as my laptop was made in 2011...

#8 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:57

It's not even worth discussing this review. All the independent reviewers including the most knowledgeable (AnandTech, Tech Report, etc) have repeatedly and uniformly demonstrated that Ivy Bridge just trounces Vishera in games, as well as any application where single-threaded performance matters. Heck, Vishera fails to beat the ancient Phenom II in many tests. It's not necessarily a bad value, but trying to claim that it's faster than the i5 3570K in games will take a lot more convincing than that.

If all those "paid" Website really pushed down AMD to make Intel shine brighter, I think AMD would have done something about it.

So, is AMD being stupid for not doing anything or is it a fact that Intel i5 is (quite) faster, that is the question.... But I think I'm going to keep on reading AnandTech or TomsHardware for my CPU info...

What they said 10X....

#9 DigitalManifestations

DigitalManifestations

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: HTC One

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:05

That reviewer is paid by AMD to push Intel down

Yep.

#10 Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:06

Well, I personally love AMD. If I had the cash, I would build a system with the Vishera and an i7 system and do my own benchmarks. But even though I'm an AMD lover, to this day, I have not seen and AMD out perform an i7 in any benchmarks.

#11 adam7288

adam7288

Neowinian

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:24

I'm pretty sure this guy is only testing the integrated gpu on the respective chips. Any serious gamer would have a discrete card, making this review irrelevant to most people. On the CPU side, the intel solution trounces. No fanboyism, just facts.

#12 +SharpGreen

SharpGreen

Now with built-in BS detector.

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Galaxy Nexus

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:40

I'm pretty sure this guy is only testing the integrated gpu on the respective chips. Any serious gamer would have a discrete card, making this review irrelevant to most people. On the CPU side, the intel solution trounces. No fanboyism, just facts.

Nope. He says multiple times he's using a Radeon 7870.

Though I think some of these results are a bit weird, as I get slightly higher framerates in metro 2033 with my weaker gtx 660 and first gen i7.

#13 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:50

AMD! AMD! AMD!
THE VERY BEST Processor in the world ever
(If you're cheap like me or cannot afford intel's flagship <again like me>) :p

#14 adam7288

adam7288

Neowinian

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:58

Nope. He says multiple times he's using a Radeon 7870.

Though I think some of these results are a bit weird, as I get slightly higher framerates in metro 2033 with my weaker gtx 660 and first gen i7.

Doh! You got me..Saw those framerates for the 2.5d sidescroller and couldn't imagine it was from a discrete solution. Guess it was more taxing than it looked.

#15 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 16 January 2013 - 13:15

What people seem to forget is yes the i7 wipes the floor with it, but the pricing point between them is the distance of another universe.