Photo

Youtube and Video buffering

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Xoligy

Xoligy

Neowinian

Posted 16 January 2013 - 14:59

Hey all sorry to bother you but having a few issues with good'ol youtube.

I have no problems with buffering the videos part from the odd one that will decide it does not want to buffer so i have to watch and at the same time it will buffer before i reach it (stutter buffer as i call it) but if i do have a video and it fully buffers soon as i skip to another part fo the video it needs to re-buffer it, does anyone know why this is happening? On other sites i use i dont have this issue its just youtube!

Oh, and sometimes flash will crash too but again only in youtube all othersites have been fine attempting to jump to a new part of the video is the cause.

#2 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 16 January 2013 - 15:00

Strange i don't have such problems. Try clearing the cache maybe.

#3 Azusa

Azusa

Neowinian Senior

Posted 16 January 2013 - 15:09

What ISP are you with? also do you use any ESET products at all?

#4 OP Xoligy

Xoligy

Neowinian

Posted 16 January 2013 - 15:18

Just cleared my catch still have the issue here is an example video at the moment: video is pre set to 360p if i went full screen it would auto to 720p but im not going to do that yet. The video is doing the stutter buffer and only buffering when it needs to on 360p!

If it did fully buffer and i chose to skip somewhere it would need to rebuffer for some "strange" reason i dont know why.

Do i use Eset? No, i have Adblock plus, Admuncher, Kaspersky and im not currently on my VPN so i can not see that being the issue, torrents are not running but stronghold kingdoms is as im playing that at the moemnt. Computer is old now as its a 4200 amd x2 with 3gig ram a 6770 ati and 30mb broadband (wired not wireless).

Maybe its my isp (virginmedia) i always tell them there are things wrong with the line and get told everything is fine.

#5 Azusa

Azusa

Neowinian Senior

Posted 16 January 2013 - 15:22

ahhh yeah if you take a look at the virgin media support forums there's a lot of complaints about youtube buffering I'm with VM 120down 10up and i have issues with youtube some times.

#6 OP Xoligy

Xoligy

Neowinian

Posted 16 January 2013 - 15:25

Yeh i rarely visit there forums as its always the same rubbish "Your line is fine" or "We need to enter your premises as the router is off" the last two support guys they sent were complete jokes one broke a laptop charger the other couldnt even get into my router saying "I didnt know you could set it to modem only and the ip shouldnt change anyway".

Guess the problem is solved nd put as VM being utter rubbish at times.

#7 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• Tech Issues Solved: 9
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.1

Posted 16 January 2013 - 15:31

i have near constant issue with youtube either taking a long time to buffer or only partially buffering and never loading the rest of the video, i have had that problem for nearly a year now. on multiple computers. i figured it was just their site.

#8 oliver182

oliver182

Neowinian

• Phone: Alcatel OneTouch Idol Ultra

Posted 16 January 2013 - 15:37

Yep it happens to me to. I let the video to fully buffer, then I go to other part of the video and starts buffering again, I hate that :/.

Related:

#9 LUTZIFER

LUTZIFER

Resident Evil

• Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted 16 January 2013 - 15:41

I would say that'd be something to do with your connection. Either really slow ISP service, congestion there, or lots of traffic on your own network.
I'm not even on that great of an ISP service and YouTube vids start right away for me, and I always watch in 1080p, or whatever is the highest available for the specific video.
I guess it could be problems with your network card too, or related to that.

#10 OP Xoligy

Xoligy

Neowinian

Posted 16 January 2013 - 15:47

So could be site related seeing as two others have come up and said they have issues and they are in america and mexico.

lutz, im on 30mb only thing using the net is chrome and stronghold kingdoms and even without stronghold running i still have issues.

#11 artnada

artnada

Merrrr

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-i9205

Posted 16 January 2013 - 15:50

Use https://www.youtube.com/ I'm on VM and this solved it. VM cache youtube, and they're crap at it. Using the https version by passes VM's cache.

#12 OP Xoligy

Xoligy

Neowinian

Posted 16 January 2013 - 15:57

Use https://www.youtube.com/ I'm on VM and this solved it. VM cache youtube, and they're crap at it. Using the https version by passes VM's cache.

Just tried adding https:// to the video i posted above and still does the "stutter buffer" on 360p (that should be a dance haha)

i'll see whta its like late on the vpn.

#13 AJerman

AJerman

Boomer Sooner!

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 16 January 2013 - 16:01

I constantly and forever have had issues with YouTube buffering. Regardless of how fast my internet connection is, and regardless of which internet connection it is, I'm ALWAYS having to buffer ridiculously slowly. Sometimes it's unwatchable, even with a 20-30 Mbps internet connection. I feel like the ISPs have a lot to do with this, but I also just think YouTube isn't capable of keeping up with the bandwidth. I think I've heard that more popular videos get more bandwidth too. If you watch more popular videos you should see less buffering, but that could also be ISP cache too. Overall it just ends up being incredibly frustrating. I tend to avoid YouTube more often than not these days due to it's ridiculous buffering.

#14 LUTZIFER

LUTZIFER

Resident Evil

• Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted 16 January 2013 - 16:09

So could be site related seeing as two others have come up and said they have issues and they are in america and mexico.

lutz, im on 30mb only thing using the net is chrome and stronghold kingdoms and even without stronghold running i still have issues.

Hmmm, definitely not your ISP then, lol. I'm only on 20mb.

#15 ashpowell

ashpowell

Neowinian

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 16 January 2013 - 16:17

It's your ISP... I guarantee it.

People were complaining about it all the time but I thought it must be the odd newbie on rubbish connections or something.. But then I switched to virgin media for a month, worst service I've ever had.. nearly all youtube videos would constantly buffer, net would be capped to a crawl...

I left them, went with BT and on a slower speed, no videos buffer at all now.