Can we start a voting Poll for steam for windows

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 jp.vdvyver

jp.vdvyver

Neowinian

• Phone: Windows Phone

Posted 19 January 2013 - 19:34

and to demand steam to be more Windows 8 friendly... since reading in past News of immature the steam guy was...
many steam users are mostly Windows users... now i do not know what motivates steam to be going anti-Windows 8.. but we Need to start a voting of neowin users to tell steam to wake up.. dont Forget us Windows guys since youre looking more like getting a divorced and preparing to marry Linux...

#2 articuno1au

articuno1au

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 19 January 2013 - 19:37

The adoption numbers will wake them up.

Just a matter of time.

#3 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 1520

Posted 19 January 2013 - 19:38

They already have more users on Windows 8 than they do using their failed Linux client. Let fat Gabe whine all he wants.

#4 Anibal P

Anibal P

Neowinian

• Phone: Android

Posted 19 January 2013 - 19:40

Steam and the "new" MS mentality will not jive too well, you can't force them to get along, MS is doing all it can to kill off Steam and similar programs and want devs to go through their closed App store instead, eventually if things continue down the road it seems to be heading STeam will be blocked out of Windows by Win10 or whatever it's called by then

They already have more users on Windows 8 than they do using their failed Linux client. Let fat Gabe whine all he wants.

How is a limited Beta a failure? Your "logic" does not compute, there seems to be a logic error somewhere

#5 Lee G.

Lee G.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 January 2013 - 19:43

As far as I can tell Steam works perfectly on Windows 8. What would make it 'more Windows 8 friendly'?

I'm moving this to Computer Gaming.

Thread moved.

#6 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 1520

Posted 19 January 2013 - 19:43

How is a limited Beta a failure? Your "logic" does not compute, there seems to be a logic error somewhere

That's funny coming from the guy who just wrote this FUD:

Steam and the "new" MS mentality will not jive too well, you can't force them to get along, MS is doing all it can to kill off Steam and similar programs and want devs to go through their closed App store instead, eventually if things continue down the road it seems to be heading STeam will be blocked out of Windows by Win10 or whatever it's called by then

#7 OP jp.vdvyver

jp.vdvyver

Neowinian

Posted 19 January 2013 - 19:47

that would be awkward.. i wouldnt know why would that happen.. i thought Microsoft made its os to be open to thirdpartys providors and what not.. it was alway a free market... but i can see this xbox Thing is on the rise..but lots of Gamers are still Windows users..it would be really low for Windows to kick them all out.. but oh well...Windows 10 would only come in 6 years i think

As far as I can tell Steam works perfectly on Windows 8. What would make it 'more Windows 8 friendly'?

I'm moving this to Computer Gaming.

Thread moved.

well... for example...making a steam for the startscreen wouldnt be a bad thought.. thou steam runs perfect on my Windows 8 aswell in the Desktop.. but i really like this startscreen stuff..

#8 Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 January 2013 - 19:48

Failed? Was the Steam beta client for Windows a hit? Nope. But the Windows client is mature. I sometimes think ppl forget what a beta is.

#9 OP jp.vdvyver

jp.vdvyver

Neowinian

Posted 19 January 2013 - 19:49

The adoption numbers will wake them up.

Just a matter of time.

well.. that would be good..
cause if they took the boat with Linux.. im seriously seeing a slow death ride on a low Tide rollercoaster...

#10 Athernar

Athernar

?

Posted 19 January 2013 - 19:53

A commercially released OS has more users than a beta client? I never would of guessed. :rolleyes:

Windows 8 fans must be getting pretty desperate if they're having to resort to grasping at straws like this.

#11 +Bryan R.

Bryan R.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 January 2013 - 20:01

I don't even get what this thread is about. Divorcing Windows? Marrying Linux? Are you insane?

Steam works fine on Windows 8 just as it did in Windows 7. Want a Modern UI app for Steam? Well I imagine you could just wait... I 'm sure they'll make one. Personally, I would much prefer their focus on Linux gaming than a largely uncessesary Modern UI app.

#12 Lee G.

Lee G.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 January 2013 - 20:03

well... for example...making a steam for the startscreen wouldnt be a bad thought.. thou steam runs perfect on my Windows 8 aswell in the Desktop.. but i really like this startscreen stuff..

If you're talking about a Steam app, I can't see what that would add.

#13 Colin McGregor

Colin McGregor

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Samsung Ativ S WP8

Posted 19 January 2013 - 20:11

and to demand steam to be more Windows 8 friendly... since reading in past News of immature the steam guy was...
many steam users are mostly Windows users... now i do not know what motivates steam to be going anti-Windows 8.. but we Need to start a voting of neowin users to tell steam to wake up.. dont Forget us Windows guys since youre looking more like getting a divorced and preparing to marry Linux...

steam works the same in win8 that it does in win7 and fatty was just mad that someone else was releasing a store to buy games from. He just threw in some BS about caring about his users.

A commercially released OS has more users than a beta client? I never would of guessed. :rolleyes:

Windows 8 fans must be getting pretty desperate if they're having to resort to grasping at straws like this.

not so much that, the fact theres more Windows 8 OS users then all Linux distro users combined is what I think he meant.

#14 siah1214

siah1214

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 19 January 2013 - 20:11

If you're talking about a Steam app, I can't see what that would add.

The fact that "Pin Steam" is one of the top selling apps in the Windows store should tell you exactly what that would add. Think Xbox Games only for Steam instead.

#15 +Bryan R.

Bryan R.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 January 2013 - 20:34

The fact that "Pin Steam" is one of the top selling apps in the Windows store should tell you exactly what that would add. Think Xbox Games only for Steam instead.

Yeah it'd be cool and would look very nice, but honestly, what is the big deal? Why is this such a hot topic? Some people are acting like Steam and Microsoft are at war or that Steam is fisting their customers. It's pretty ridiculous.