Getting this strange runtime crash

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chrisj1968

chrisj1968

copyrighted!! ©

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:03

I'm getting this strange crash alot in POTC the Official Pirates of the Carribean online. I've installed the latest or i think the latest c++ runtime. anyone know where one can get the latest greatest c++ redistributable runtime?

Posted Image

#2 Eric

Eric

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 11

Posted 21 January 2013 - 15:12

I think http://www.microsoft...ls.aspx?id=5555 is the one you need for PotCO.

#3 OP chrisj1968

chrisj1968

copyrighted!! ©

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 21 January 2013 - 19:21

ok thanks. the installer claims that a newer version is on my laptop. whenever I teleport or leave my ship or go from a town into a swamp etc. it crashes. not always. After an hour, it will always crash. at first I thought they would cut us off but there are no people really online at certain times.

I think there might be an error. they claimed it was latency but looking at my sig below on a wifi connection, mmm no. I've written them about the possibility of administering a maintenance fix by rebooting the servers. next error message, I'll post it here

#4 Eric

Eric

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 11

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:24

I did run across a lot of people that seemed to be having issues with the game crashing lately. It may just be a bug in the game. Hopefully you'll be back on the high seas again next maintenance patch! :)

#5 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:14

Sometimes data corruption can cause it iirc. Can't say if it'll fix it but you might try redownloading.