Getting this strange runtime crash

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chrisj1968

chrisj1968

copyrighted!! ©

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:03

I'm getting this strange crash alot in POTC the Official Pirates of the Carribean online. I've installed the latest or i think the latest c++ runtime. anyone know where one can get the latest greatest c++ redistributable runtime?

Posted Image

#2 Eric

Eric

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 11

Posted 21 January 2013 - 15:12

I think http://www.microsoft...ls.aspx?id=5555 is the one you need for PotCO.

#3 OP chrisj1968

chrisj1968

copyrighted!! ©

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 21 January 2013 - 19:21

ok thanks. the installer claims that a newer version is on my laptop. whenever I teleport or leave my ship or go from a town into a swamp etc. it crashes. not always. After an hour, it will always crash. at first I thought they would cut us off but there are no people really online at certain times.

I think there might be an error. they claimed it was latency but looking at my sig below on a wifi connection, mmm no. I've written them about the possibility of administering a maintenance fix by rebooting the servers. next error message, I'll post it here

#4 Eric

Eric

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 11

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:24

I did run across a lot of people that seemed to be having issues with the game crashing lately. It may just be a bug in the game. Hopefully you'll be back on the high seas again next maintenance patch! :)

#5 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:14

Sometimes data corruption can cause it iirc. Can't say if it'll fix it but you might try redownloading.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!