What Do You Hate About Being Human?

What do I hate about humans? That its always the other guy's fault. Nobody seems to want to take responsibility for themselves, for their own problems, for their own mistakes.

What do I hate about myself? That what strength I have only seems to manifest on the behalf of others. Forget a blinding headache so I can take a scared family member to pick up a pregnancy test? No problem. Ignore fatigue to drive my mom 40 miles so she can see her sister in the emergency room? Easy.

Standing up for myself, on the other hand, I can rarely do.

What do I hate about being human?

Being self-aware enough to see the potential in our species, but being smart enough to realize we won't see any of it come to fruition.

The only thing I can truly say I hate about being human is the lack of logic that I seem to encounter in many of my fellow humans. If we used the rational sides of our brains more we could accomplish so much, but far too often we ignore the logical and rational path only to follow one that is surely to lead us to pain.

We have countless world problems and are rapidly approaching an age where, for the first time, humans may no longer have to do the bulk of the "work" needed to keep our lives going. Instead of thinking about the sustainability of ourselves and our planet, including adjusting for the displacement of human labor, we're stuck bickering about pointless things such as entitlements to the poor. In an age where education is universally understood as mandatory for a future where a person can hope to compete in the labor force, or what is left of it, we're still pouring public funds into things like sports stadiums and teams and not into education.

It is possible that my strong pull toward logic is atypical, but this is my view of our biggest fault and what brings me so much pain regarding our species; including myself.

I hate that I cannot have sex with all females. If I were an animal/ bird, I would be free to do so (no law or stupid police can stop me)

I hate that I cannot have sex with all females. If I were an animal/ bird, I would be free to do so (no law or stupid police can stop me)

hey ive seen female heringGuls get pissy with the male as he wasn't able to get it over and done with, felt sorry for him but it was so funny watching her telling him to duck off.

so if you could do that it might not be so fun after all  lol

Male ducks are notorious for attempting

Simple, we have this vast repository of knowledge we have accumulated over the years through life experience and education yet our brain is very inefficient at recalling this information quickly and on demand - I wish I had the ability of knowledge /information recall similar to a computer.

• Like 1

Stuff like mental illness. Living with anxiety, depression or any other myriad of things that are out there and the stigma surrounding them. I just hate people.

I don't have two hearts :(

I'd call that a good thing. One broken heart is bad enough!

I'd call that a good thing. One broken heart is bad enough!

just for you, I re-quote myself ;)

- one of the hardest things in the world, is to stop loving the one person, who stopped loving you...

- pretty sure you never tried to put the toothpaste back in the tube... ;)

just for you, I re-quote myself ;)

- one of the hardest things in the world, is to stop loving the one person, who stopped loving you...

- pretty sure you never tried to put the toothpaste back in the tube... ;)

Not just the one who stopped loving you. My problem is loving one whom I can't tell her how I feel.

I have put toothpaste back in the tube. It ain't easy, but it can be done.

Getting sick. For me its pretty bad. I am constantly getting sinus infections. I have one now as I am typing this. This one has been so nasty with mucus its backed up into eyes and gave me pink eye too. :cry: