This has to be one of If not my Favorite band right now.

I have a feeling this band is starting off like Stained did. Hard at first, then turning to crying metal band a few albums later.

Oh man, have you heard Staind's latest CD? Pretty heavy stuff considering where they were previously.

Check out the opening track to their latest CD called "Eyes Wide Open". My jaw dropped when I first heard it. Going from "Joey Jane" to something like that is a huge jump. :p

As for the song the OP posted, the screaming sounded pretty good, but his singing vocals didn't sound quite right. I'm a big fan of TDWP, August Burns Red, ATR, etc and those vocals sound nice and clean. For a small, unknown band, definitely not bad though.

mu?sic

1. The art of arranging sounds in time so as to produce a continuous, unified, and evocative composition, as through melody, harmony, rhythm, and timbre.

2. Vocal or instrumental sounds possessing a degree of melody, harmony, or rhythm.

a. A musical composition.

b. The written or printed score for such a composition.

c. Such scores considered as a group

4. A musical accompaniment.

5. A particular category or kind of music.

6. An aesthetically pleasing or harmonious sound or combination of sounds

The screaming is not aesthetically pleasing (subjective), melodic, harmonic or rhythmical, which is obviously where they were coming from. To them it is not music, just like to many people 'free jazz' isn't music. But I'd personally rather listen to Ornette Coleman any day:

I wouldn't let how other people define 'music' bother you, as it is subjective.

pffft...

I could understand describing avant-garde or ambient stuff more as "sound art" than music, but this is still very much music. it may not imploy traditional vocal techniques but it's still very ... musicy.

not my favorite sub-genre of metal, but the song was decent. got my attention around the 3:05 mark.

my criticisms of this genre are the whiny singing and the constant one-note rhythms. for example, I used to be really into As I Lay Dying, but today it's just too much whiny screaming and repeated one-note rhythms.

to those that dont understand screaming in music - you have to look at it from an artistic point of view. it's incredibly difficult to scream well. it should be very guttural and not from the throat. you need to vary the type of screaming to match the atmosphere of the song. there are way too many bands that have a single-tone scream. it gets boring. Take Randy Blythe from Lamb of God: his screaming is some of the best - his intensity, emotion and tones varied wildly from bar to bar.

it's also, imo, very impressive when vocalists can seamlessly move from singing to screaming and vice versa.

• Like 1

Same. I'm not a fan of screamo / whiny music, especially not when it's that heavily produced.

+1

not my favorite sub-genre of metal, but the song was decent. got my attention around the 3:05 mark. my criticisms of this genre are the whiny singing and the constant one-note rhythms. for example, I used to be really into As I Lay Dying, but today it's just too much whiny screaming and repeated one-note rhythms. to those that dont understand screaming in music - you have to look at it from an artistic point of view. it's incredibly difficult to scream well. it should be very guttural and not from the throat. you need to vary the type of screaming to match the atmosphere of the song. there are way too many bands that have a single-tone scream. it gets boring. Take Randy Blythe from Lamb of God: his screaming is some of the best - his intensity, emotion and tones varied wildly from bar to bar. it's also, imo, very impressive when vocalists can seamlessly move from singing to screaming and vice versa.

Mike Hranica of the devil wears prada moves from screaming to singing you'd think it's a different person! Also agree, as I lay dying became to "monotone" Heck even the same riffs en several songs.

Also that why I like The Chariot... they're just raw! Don't sound "produced"

Thanx for the share. It isn't bad. But I'd rather hear this:

See, that I can actually cope with. It's much more musical and emotive, unlike the pop-metal in the OP. I just hate it when you have monotone screaming and emo/whiny singing mixed together.

Personally I prefer tuneful shouting / screaming, like Manson's less produced stuff:

I prefer it when you can actually make out what the lyrics are.

See, that I can actually cope with. It's much more musical and emotive, unlike the pop-metal in the OP. I just hate it when you have monotone screaming and emo/whiny singing mixed together.

Personally I prefer tuneful shouting / screaming, like Manson's less produced stuff:

I prefer it when you can actually make out what the lyrics are.

Ugh! Manson? Really? Well, everyone has a taste in what they enjoy. I personally just never cared for Manson.

Instead of listening to Manson and his forced "controversial" crap, how bout listening to say, Rob Zombie/White Zombie or even better the originator that Manson is still trying to be as good as Alice Cooper

Instead of listening to Manson and his forced "controversial" crap, how bout listening to say, Rob Zombie/White Zombie or even better the originator that Manson is still trying to be as good as Alice Cooper

All great. I agree.

I saw Manson open for Zombie last summer and Zombie definitely put on the better show. Since he has movie hook-ups, he had some insane stage "props". Manson has a good stage presence too, but he's toned it down quite a bit lately. I saw him 3-4 years back and he dressed like the pope, set a bible on fire, and threw it into the crowd. He does put on a good show compared to bands that just come on stage, play some tunes, and leave.

I also saw Alice Cooper open for Iron Maiden last summer, and he put on a phenomenal show. Huge respect for that guy.

Ugh! Manson? Really? Well, everyone has a taste in what they enjoy. I personally just never cared for Manson.

Well, I figured that was more in keeping than some of the other music I usually listen to:

Was I wrong? :shifty:

I saw Manson open for Zombie last summer and Zombie definitely put on the better show. Since he has movie hook-ups, he had some insane stage "props". Manson has a good stage presence too, but he's toned it down quite a bit lately. I saw him 3-4 years back and he dressed like the pope, set a bible on fire, and threw it into the crowd. He does put on a good show compared to bands that just come on stage, play some tunes, and leave.

Yeah, Zombie is decent too - I wasn't making an either-or statement. And certainly Manson isn't anywhere as creative or relevant as he used to be - he's now a bit of a self-parody.

Well, I figured that was more in keeping than some of the other music I usually listen to:

Was I wrong? :shifty:

Yeah, Zombie is decent too - I wasn't making an either-or statement. And certainly Manson isn't anywhere as creative or relevant as he used to be - he's now a bit of a self-parody.

I like the Caribbean Jazz one. :p

• Like 2

Well here's a pretty sick song that everyone should here. Groovy as hell. :)

Im by no means a massive fan of Korn, but i really don't like what they've become....I know i know its a hipster response...but to me they've gone the way of Linkin Park...Amazing to mediocre/borderline bad.

I like that song! It reminds me of alexisonfire, who won't be making music anymore :( ill give them another listen!