Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

facebook search block

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello everyone!

How can I block that same impostor who find me again, again, and again on my facebook account with search for me or find me?

Thanks,

Gameboy

Posted

You can simply go to their profile and click "Block User". It's from where you can choose to Message/Subscribe to them.

Posted

[quote name='IronSkull' timestamp='1359005674' post='595475070']
You can simply go to their profile and click "Block User". It's from where you can choose to Message/Subscribe to them.
[/quote]
Does that work if the user is opening up different accounts?
(curious)

Posted

No - you have to block each account they open up.

Posted

[quote name='Dushmany' timestamp='1359005838' post='595475082']
Does that work if the user is opening up different accounts?
(curious)
[/quote]

Unfortunately no. Facebook has no way to track "who" is opening the account, therefore they can't block the person in that way. An IP ban would be required, which Facebook will never do.

Posted

oh ok

Posted

oh! it means I will delete facebook for good. I knew that impostor has too many facebook account with her different name like random name. one day that impostor will go to prison then I will open new facebook someday. Thanks for your help.

Posted

Set your profile as private

you can set it up so you cant be found

Posted

[quote name='Haggis' timestamp='1359014673' post='595475380']
Set your profile as private

you can set it up so you cant be found
[/quote]

Mine is like this yet i have had one or two people who im not friends with find me and as far as i could tell they didnt have friends in common with me either. Also i believe "if" they have your email they can still look you up but ive never tested this, blocing the account is the best way to block someone if they make multiples then contacting Faceache (if u can ever find there email addy) and telling them whats happening with a list of the accounts that have been made so they can check the ips and maybe add a block if they seem to be coming from the same source. (most people use there home ip)

Posted

If I deactivate my Facebook account, then I am sure that impostor would hack into my facebook, then I will delete facebook for good, so I will be safe from that same impostor.

Posted

The only way someone will "hack" into your account is if you have a poor password.

Personally i would just ignore the imposter and block any of the accounts they use to try and contact me, it soon get boring for them if you dont reply to messages or anything or like you said deactivate your facebook. Who knows maybe deactivating it for abit then re-opening will make them think you closed it for good. Just depends if this imposter is a friend or friend of a friend.

Posted

[quote name='gameboy1977' timestamp='1359040269' post='595476150']
If I deactivate my Facebook account, then I am sure that impostor would hack into my facebook, then I will delete facebook for good, so I will be safe from that same impostor.
[/quote]

Not a chance of that happening.