Official response to you know what

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 superconductive

superconductive

Neowinian

• 325 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 21:04

The inflammatory poll we all know about was rightfully removed. But I have never seen anything as astounding as that on the front page. To be perfectly honest, it was to the point where I may have trouble trusting the news I read here from now on (and I have been reading for a very long time). I would like to think that some level of objectivity is maintained in "unprofessional journalism".

So regardless of your stance on the poll, don't neowinians deserve some sort of apology/ statement for such an offensive and repulsive post? At least something to clear the air would be nice.
Thanks, and sorry to bring this up again-- I know mods are trying to forget this ever happened judging by the closed threads.

#2 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• 5,884 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 21:07

It's a shame the complaints members have keep getting swept under the carpet and this thread will probably be closed quickly enough. Although I saw it coming with the Windows 8 "should be shot" article. Trash journalism sells newspapers, I guess the hope is that trash journalism also buys clicks.

#3 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 21:09

The inflammatory poll we all know about was rightfully removed. But I have never seen anything as astounding as that on the front page. To be perfectly honest, it was to the point where I may have trouble trusting the news I read here from now on (and I have been reading for a very long time). I would like to think that some level of objectivity is maintained in "unprofessional journalism".

So regardless of your stance on the poll, don't neowinians deserve some sort of apology/ statement for such an offensive and repulsive post? At least something to clear the air would be nice.
Thanks, and sorry to bring this up again-- I know mods are trying to forget this ever happened judging by the closed threads.

You think it's clever to start a new thread almost identical to the one that was closed?

You think you are above the rules ?

#4 Barney T.

Barney T.

Debian Linux: I'm Loving It!

• 14,855 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 21:12

Ok, please don't start another thread like this. Please put this to rest. These just crash into imflammatory, trollish, name-calling, warn producing disasters.

I appreciate everyone who posted a mature response, but no more please.

Thread closed

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!