Question

Posted

[quote][b]LIVERPOOL SOC[/b]

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Custom implementation of AMD Fusion APU Arquitecture (Accelerated Processing Unit)[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Provides good performance with low power consumtion[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Integrated CPU and GPU[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Considerably bigger and more powerful than AMD

9 answers to this question

Posted

already posted like 4 days ago http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1132640-orbis-ps4-devkit-docs-leak-8gbram-22gbvram-new-controller/

Posted

That's the devkit.

These seem to be the final specs.

18CUs, hardware balanced at 14CUs?

Looks like they might be disabled for yield.

How can they get 1.8TF from 14CUs at 800?

Posted

[quote name='Brando212' timestamp='1359395379' post='595485644']
already posted like 4 days ago [url="http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1132640-orbis-ps4-devkit-docs-leak-8gbram-22gbvram-new-controller/"]http://www.neowin.ne...new-controller/[/url]
[/quote]

I'm forgetful at times, but I wouldn't repost the same thing twice :p

Posted

[quote name='TheLegendOfMart' timestamp='1359395436' post='595485646']
That's the devkit.

These seem to be the final specs.
[/quote]either way, i just want the dang thing to be released already :p

[quote name='Audioboxer' timestamp='1359395536' post='595485652']
I'm forgetful at times, but I wouldn't repost the same thing twice :p
[/quote]lol now [b]I[/b] feel derp :rofl:

Posted

[quote][color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]UPDATE: some people is confused about the GPU, here you have more info about it:[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Each CU contains dedicated:[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]- ALU (32 64-bit operations per cycle)[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]- Texture Unit[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]- L1 data cache[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]- Local data share (LDS)[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]About 14 + 4 balance:[/font][/color]

[b]- 4 additional CUs (410 Gflops)

Posted

Wish they would get someone who was at least proficient in English.

So its an 18CU GPU but only 14CUs are the actual GPU cores, the extra 4CUs are just APUs for physics and the like?

Posted

[quote name='TheLegendOfMart' timestamp='1359398425' post='595485764']
Wish they would get someone who was at least proficient in English.

So its an 18CU GPU but only 14CUs are the actual GPU cores, the extra 4CUs are just APUs for physics and the like?
[/quote]
I'm guessing the extra compute units can be used to process physics or assist in rendering. I was under the impression that it would have 18 compute units and something extra for physics. The dedicated audio processor is nice but the memory bandwidth is lower than the dev kit (192 GB/s vs. 176 GB/s).

The rest of the GPU specs don't make any sense. How can it only have 18 texture units and 8 raster opreations pipelines? It should be 72 texture units and 32 ROPs.

Posted

[quote name='Anaron' timestamp='1359401150' post='595485838']
I'm guessing the extra compute units can be used to process physics or assist in rendering. I was under the impression that it would have 18 compute units and something extra for physics. The dedicated audio processor is nice but the memory bandwidth is lower than the dev kit (192 GB/s vs. 176 GB/s).

[b]The rest of the GPU specs don't make any sense. How can it only have 18 texture units and 8 raster opreations pipelines? It should be 72 texture units and 32 ROPs.[/b]
[/quote]

Apparently

[quote][color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]attention: for some reason the ROPS and the texture units are devided by 4.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]8 backends x 4 ROPs per backend = [/font][/color][b]32 ROPs.[/b]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]18 texture units * 4 = [/font][/color][b]72 texture units.[/b][/quote]

Posted

Ouch, VGLeaks just detailed the Durango GPU.

If the specs are true it only has 16ROPS compared to Orbis 32ROPS.

Again assuming this is all true then PS4 is going to be lead platform this year.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0