Photo

Do you dislike any technology company?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you dislike any technology company?

Do you dislike any technology company?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 pes2013

pes2013

Neowinian

• 881 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:16

Hello

Well since I stirred up this entire situation I might as well try to fix it.

I only allow one choice because the poll can be manipulated so you vote for all or vote for one and also vote the "No" option.

I suggest all of you also give a reason why you voted :)

The companies are from this list: http://en.wikipedia....ology_companies As you can see they are in that order as well. I believe I can edit the poll so if someone wants a company to be added (tech related only) Ill add it.

I encourage Scorpus to make his followup article based on this :)

Also, lets keep the flamewars out of here.....

#2 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• 11,632 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:17

I voted for "no." I find it pointless to hate a company. If I don't like what they offer, I don't buy from them. It's simple.

#3 Ezaura

Ezaura

Neowinian

• 176 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:19

I voted for "no." I find it pointless to hate a company. If I don't like what they offer, I don't buy from them. It's simple.

Same. Though to be fair to OP, I think his original thread title had the word "hate" changed to "dislike". And having owned a Dell computer, I thoroughly dislike everything about that company and would definitely steer away potential customers where possible.

#4 +Frank B.

Frank B.

Member N° 1,302

• 23,688 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 6

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:21

Full ack.

#5 OP pes2013

pes2013

Neowinian

• 881 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:23

Same. Though to be fair to OP, I think his original thread title had the word "hate" changed to "dislike". And having owned a Dell computer, I thoroughly dislike everything about that company and would definitely steer away potential customers where possible.

Yes, the original article on the frontpage stated "hate". Dislike, although still negative, is a way better word.

#6 +MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• 7,073 posts
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:28

Voted no. I may not agree with the way these companies always do things but without them there would be less competition and we wouldn't be where we are today in advancement of technology.

#7 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,179 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:33

I dislike certain business practices (Apple), but do I dislike a company? No.

Would I buy their hardware still? If it suited my needs, yes.

As someone who doesn't own stock in any tech-related companies, I fail to see why I should be swayed by anything other than my own need. OK, maybe if I morally objected to something enough, then there's a possibility. But I don't.

#8 +Phouchg

Phouchg

Resident Misanthrope

• 5,689 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:39

I don't hate. I do dislike practices, products, policies or something else about many companies. In some cases it may be so much that I dislike the entire company and no product or action will make me change my mind because of past experiences. I do or don't use them - that depends on alternatives.

I believe I can hate or dislike what I please, if I'm not a crying, name calling assh* about it.

#9 Rohdekill

Rohdekill

Neowinian Senior

• 3,597 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:44

I didn't even bother to vote. I may dislike certain company's policies/practices, yet like their products. I also have the opposite opinion on several companies in that their products lack yet their policies/practices exceed.

Second, if I nit-picked, I would have more than one company in mind and your polling only allows a single selection.

#10 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,635 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 29 January 2013 - 13:26

I dislike the behaviour of some tech companies - Microsoft, Apple, Intel and Google have all abused their position the market to some degree - and I may at times be very critical of a particular company but I don't usually dislike companies as a whole.

#11 +techbeck

techbeck

It's not that I am lazy, it's that I just don't care

• 18,977 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 13:40

I dislike companies, but hate is a strong word. Would I buy from a company I do not like?...only if I really need to but with so many different options out there, I can find what I need elsewhere. Why there is competition and choice.

#12 fusi0n

fusi0n

Don't call it a come back

• 3,855 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 29 January 2013 - 13:41

Abit.. Only because they stop making motherboards :(

#13 Anibal P

Anibal P

Neowinian

• 4,307 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 29 January 2013 - 13:53

Of course we all "dislike" certain companies, their business practices are usually why, pricing also factors in, but in all reality it's only a company, maybe two that deserve what they get, the rest is pure fanboyism

#14 Haggis

Haggis

Neowinian Senior

• 2,628 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE (i9305)

Posted 29 January 2013 - 14:07

I dont really hate any particular company, i dont like some practices and products but otherwise i am up for trying enything

#15 Angel Blue01

Angel Blue01

Neowinian/Star Wars freak

• 3,622 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 14:07

Yes, Microsoft, Google, Apple for promoting closed ecosystems and invading privacy; and a special mention of Yahoo! for the Chinese dissident issue a few years ago. But I do like some of their products on their own merits.